So HE'S done with ME!

Old 07-10-2012, 06:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So HE'S done with ME!

AS rehospitalized. He left room near us where he could recover from the surgery, went back to his camper, which had been abused and robbed while he was gone. I'm sure he used while there. Was on a running spree, but my husband and I still went to help move the camper. He physically could not do it alone.

He foolishly worked himself sick, vomiting the whole day and night. The air was broken at the camper, and he broke his IV catheter with antibiotics.

Wound up back in hospital replacing pic line. I didn't get home until 3:00 a.m. this morning. Waited 7 hours in ER. We fought because he wanted to go to the car to get clothes (sure) before they admitted him even though they advised against it. I didn't wait around until he was placed in a room. They said probably one night.

He called this morning before I woke and left a message "I'm finished here. You can come get me." I knew that really meant, they had finished the pic line and he would rather I be there waiting for his release than him waiting for me.

I tried numerous times to call and texted to let me know when released and I would come get him. He never called. I never went. I called nurses' station and they said he wasn't being released today - maybe tomorrow. Still couldn't get in touch with AS. Texted and told him met air repair man at camper, had his dog, etc. no response.

Then suddenly a text. "I'm leaving hospital. I'M DONE WITH YOU."
I have no clue why he is mad this time. I texted him if he really felt that way I wouldn't stop him, but would always love him. He still never responded.

I'm confused, angry, tired, numb and just want it all to end. His illness has not helped. He hasn't been "himself" whatever that is, since the breakup of a girlfriend 6 months ago.

He acts restless, weird, rude, crude and irrational. I know it's drugs. It's just harder drugs than before. I'm not crying. I'm not surprised. And most of all, I am not going to pick him up from anywhere tonight should he call.

He may be mad that I didn't go back to the hospital today, or that I went to the camper, or who knows? I don't care that he is mad. I do care that he is in such bad shape, but also know I can't change it and it's time to let go.

He said yesterday that a person knows when their time is near. He said his dad knew and he knows that his time is near. Said he knows his body and it's just not right. He doesn't even act right in the head any longer.

So guys and girls, just pray that I will be strong and prepare myself for whatever is ahead. He may have left the hospital and be hitch-hiking. He may still be there. I just need to close my head and heart to him and completely let him go. Ya think? I'm so tired!
Old 07-10-2012, 07:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Please, please, please for your own sake and a good night's sleep.....

....turn off your phone tonight.

Hugs and prayers for you, your son, and your husband.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

"Then suddenly a text. "I'm leaving hospital. I'M DONE WITH YOU."
I have no clue why he is mad this time. I texted him if he really felt that way I wouldn't stop him, but would always love him. He still never responded."
I found that a lot of the time they will be mean like this just to get you to leave them alone so they can use. I wouldn't take it to heart. Sorry you are having so much chaos in your life. I hope you feel better soon.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Dear washbe2,

You know he's not in his right mind, or body. As hydrogirl urged, please turn off your phone and get some rest. Let others pray for you, your husband and your son for now. There is nothing more you can do but take care of yourself. Just release him, and your own heart and mind, to God.

Blessings to you and peace.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I am so sorry (((Washbe))) - you have been so good and yet so abused.

I am worried about you and I definitely don't want him to have a dog either. ughhhh
Old 07-10-2012, 07:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm sorry, Washbe. All I want is for you to get some rest and take care of yourself before YOU get sick. It's time. ((((Hugs))))
Old 07-10-2012, 07:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Phone is definitely off....almost every night .

Lovemenot, you can't worry. That's being a Codie. and don't worry about the dog. One thing AS does is love his dog, and I make sure he gets groomed and medical needs are met.

Thanks. I really just needed to tell somebody.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Then suddenly a text. "I'm leaving hospital. I'M DONE WITH YOU."
I have no clue why he is mad this time. I texted him if he really felt that way I wouldn't stop him, but would always love him. He still never responded.
When I read stories like yours, it breaks my heart. I can't imagine what it's like to be the parent of a sick child. I am so sorry.

He's not well. And as you alluded to, he's beyond your help now. Give him over to God, turn off your phone, and get some sleep.

You and your AS will be in my prayers tonight.

ZoSo
Old 07-10-2012, 07:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by washbe2 View Post
Phone is definitely off....almost every night .

Lovemenot, you can't worry. That's being a Codie. and don't worry about the dog. One thing AS does is love his dog, and I make sure he gets groomed and medical needs are met.

Thanks. I really just needed to tell somebody.
lol...I am so glad you take care of the dog. :ghug3

There are some parts of being a codie I just don't want to give up ....yet anyway!!

Sweet dreams.....think of only happy memories and thoughts while you fall asleep!!
Old 07-10-2012, 08:00 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry that you're dealing with this. It is draining.

Glad your phone is off. We just never know what the future may hold......and he's not clairvoyant......even though it is his body.

You and your son will be in my prayers.

Please take care of you.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 07-10-2012, 08:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm praying that God holds your son's hand through whatever he has to face. I'm praying for some peace for you Washbe.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:18 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

(((((((((((Washbe)))))))) You handed it over to God now know Gods will shall be done.

I will be praying for you, your husband and your son tonight... well actually I am so codie I pray for all users and their friends and family every night but special prayers tonight.:ghug3
Old 07-11-2012, 05:10 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Keeping your boy in my prayers, Washbe, it's way past the time when anything you do or don't do will matter...but God's got your boy covered and only He knows what lies ahead.

Get some rest and know that you've done all you can and your son's life is not in your hands, nor is my son's in mine.

Making yourself sick with worry will not change the outcome. Take a day to rest (without obsessing), take a walk in a park and enjoy the summer breeze, maybe have an ice cream with Mr. Washbe and listen to the birds as they tell sing hello.

Big hugs
Old 07-11-2012, 05:16 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

It sounds like he is mad at the world, not you. Take care of yourself dear. Hugs.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:30 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks, all.
You're right, Pink, he is mad at the world and life, his situation, and most everything.

Slept almost 10 hours without moving.

Still don't know what is going on. Tempted to call hospital, but if he is still there, I would like to just out-stubborn him.

Keep praying for wise decisions by me. I just want it all to end and I'm ready for anything.
I almost hope he really IS DONE WITH ME.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:22 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I have found, time and time again, with so many different addicts and alcoholics, that it does not make a bit of difference what I do or say, or how I react to them and what they are doing or saying. They STILL do whatever it is they want to do, as sick as the things they do can be. And the sicker I am, the more they try to pull me back into the chaos they call their lives. When I focus on me and my life and my health, they begin to leave me alone. Not knowing what they are doing is a blessing.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:12 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Talked with nurses' station. AS is still there - not looking like doc will discharge him today either. Still no communition with AS. I am NOT going there today and hour and 1/2 away. If he calls, I will pick him up when he is discharged and take him to his camper which will have working air.

Nurses' station keeps telling me how he sleeps and how "knocked out" he is. I'm thinking last Thursday-Sunday when he left, he was on a binge. He was so wild-eyed when we saw him. Now since Monday in hospital, he has slept almost constantly. Does this sound like meth? Can the effects last that long?
Old 07-11-2012, 03:05 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I don't know if that sounds like meth but it does remind me of XBF who did crack. He would be on a binge for about a week, then come back wild-eyed and exhausted and pretty much sleep for the next couple of days.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:11 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Absolutely meth is a possibility. My son is addicted to meth and when he is coming down he can sleep for 22 hours out of 24 for several days. Regardless of what your son has been using, I know how dealing with his erratic behavior is SO hard. So sorry for what you are going through.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:46 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

My son is also addicted to meth.....and yes.....he can be pretty strung out and then sleep for days on end. Getting up only to eat and use the bathroom....for days.

We're walking with you Washbe2......

gentle hugs
ke