continuing to take a daily inventory...

Old 07-09-2012, 10:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

continuing to take a daily inventory...

just back from a really good step meeting on step 10. One of the things that I've noticed is that I am really good at taking a daily inventory. Except that it's for everyone else as well.

Today, I want to remember to only take my own inventory and realize that I do not know what is best for anyone else nor can I predict the future. Even when I read posts from others here it's easy for me to jump in and get into someone elses inventory and think about what they need to do (or not do).

I've realized that I need to do this step at different times of the day because my awareness seems to be sharper at different times. At least my perspective seems to shift.

Also, I need to remember when I am taking a daily inventory (on me!) that I need to remember to include things that are positive and demonstrate my recovery.

And it's after all of that I am ready to make prompt amends...and even then I definitely need to check my motives.

So much wisdom in this stuff!
Old 07-09-2012, 12:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Thank you for this wonderful reminder, Lightseeker, I am in need of an inventory taking and have been so distracted by some family resentments and other "stuff" that I forgot to look in the mirror and see my part in my lack of serenity these days...funny how we "know" but just don't want to face it.

Off I go, and when I am done I shall follow it with a gratitude list...that always helps me put things back in perspective.

Hugs for the reminder.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

And it's after all of that I am ready to make some prompt amends...
Owwie, that's the hardest part of all. Dang, I know what I gotta do so off I go to do it.

Thanks again...I think...lol.