facebook message from JJ

Old 07-07-2012, 10:53 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ilovemysonjj View Post
I am trying so hard to just let go and the mother in me is fighting my resolve to let go of the addict. I want my son back so badly.
I understand this and feel it too. My son is so lost like JJ.....it is very hard. I want my son back too T.

gentle hugs from another Mom
ke
Old 07-07-2012, 11:29 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

(((((((((Teresa)))))) I am so proud of how your handling this ahhh the wonders of some recovery work. Stay strong I will continue praying your you, and JJ.

In my town if someone is HIV positive they are told where to get help and that help is free if they have no insurance or job etc...

I really hope he is just saying that.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:26 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

He could be lying like others said. But it could be the truth also. In my old drug neighborhood they had a mobile RV that handed out clean drug needles & had nurses providing instant HIV tests.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:30 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Oh, yes, I remember checking on "Jr's" facebook page, even for the drunken or high ramblings, just to know that he was alive.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:50 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

The CDC states that for IV Drug Users the estimate is that within 5 years 50 – 80 % will be infected by the HEPC virus.

In 2007 the CDC did a study, and it showed that 23 % of men who reportedly died from aids that year had been originally infected through IV drug use.

Scary stuff.

The CDC fears the actual rates of infection are much higher than they even estimate because IV Drug Users don’t get tested, and most don’t seek treatment until late in the course of disease.

But JustFor1 is right; They are trying to do needle exchanges, offer HIV and HEPC testing , and provide education in free clinics across the country specifically for this group.

Sadly most heroin addicts who are living on the streets and have no money will gladly share needles to get their high, and of course protected sex isn’t a priority even if they are infected.

Something else I was reading was explaining how once infected some IV users lose all their fears because what is left for them at this point?

No one has mentioned it, but it is possible also that if he did attempt suicide by overdose, he did receive some type of medical care even if it was from a free clinic where he was given a shot of naloxone to reverse it.

I hope your son is lying for whatever purpose, and he is not currently infected at this point, but it might be better to go ahead and accept what he says as true.

This the reality of IV drug use.

Prayers for your son JJ .
Old 07-08-2012, 11:04 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I just want you to know, I understand what you are going through.
It is a touching story and I thank you for sharing it.
A big ((((( Hug ))))) for you and your family.
Much love & respect!
~GT2~
Old 07-08-2012, 11:10 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thank you all again. When he admitted himself in March of this year, they took his bloodwork. he most likely found out from the hospital or what another poster mentioned.
Again, I have to give this all up. I pray he takes my advice when I let him know to go detox at the hospital and then start treatment for his diseases.
Who knows what his state of mind is, he has lied to me for so long I dont really believe the words. If he actually goes through with the detox, that is a good step in the right direction.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:19 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I don't have anything to add, you already know what's in my heart.... just want you to know I'm thinking of you today. (((Hugs)))
Old 07-08-2012, 02:39 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

:ghug3 Thanks TJP, you are also in mine
Old 07-08-2012, 02:59 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Ilovemyson

Hello, Ilovemyson, I read your post and all I can add is for you to keep praying. I went through 30 years of this. I finally let go, and guess what??? He decided to go into a rehab himself. Went to the first one, but ended up using again. Went to the second one, and a miracle happened. That was almost one year ago. Today he is still clean.

As far as the hep c is concerned, my son used that to. It's called "pushing your buttons!"

Tell you what finally made me let go. My husband said to me "what good is he to himself or anyone else?" "You cannot save him, so stop trying!"

I finally came to the conclusion that whatever is going to happen will happen no matter how hard I try to stop all the bad things.

Then God threw yet another project my way....he arranged for me to end up adopting my great-grandchild. Yep, all of a sudden I didn't have time to worry about my adult son; no, I had a child who really was needed.

Today my son is married and thriving.

Keep the faith. Do not bail him out of any problems he gets himself into. Do tell him you love him, but cannot help him. Do remind him always of rehab!!!

Hugs and prayers
Devastated
Old 07-08-2012, 03:17 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

The thing is JJ could have a good life. There are people that have way less than he does and they are happy. Everything that happened to him today are his own choices. Hopefully JJ will come back on the right path but he must walk there with his own two feet. If you keep going going to where he is right now to drag him out... then you're walking on the wrong path too. Stay strong. You've done everything and more for him already.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:02 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Unhappy Feeling Blue and just need a quick hug

Hello SR family, nothing new to report. I just need virtual prayers and hugs. Having a hard time today, really feeling guilty though I shouldn't. I am re-reading the detaching with love post from Anvilhead, I only hope whatever I say somehow is getting through to JJ.
I facebooked him today and said that the door for recovery is not shut and he can enter it any time. I said "when you are ready for help, I will always support recovery.".
Please pray he hears the voice. I know this is something I cannot rush, it is on God's timeline. I just need your prayers and support
TT
Old 07-10-2012, 09:16 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

((TT)) - Sending you lots of love, hugs, and prayers...for ((JJ)), too.

Amy
Old 07-10-2012, 09:38 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

(((((TT)))))

Sending good thought and prayers that the rest of today and tomorrow you will feel
less guilt or none and more positivity.

Your are doing what is best for you and him to the best of your ability!!!! I applaud
you for that.

He will hear, when he is ready to hear. For now his HP watches over him. I know
that living the streets of Hollyweird for 1 1/2 years literally brought me to my knees.
Nothing, and I mean nothing was working anymore and I was on my knees bent
over, next to my car at the back of the Hollywood Bowl parking lot, screaming
PLEASE HELP ME.

Hopefully, it will not take your son that long. You are both are on the prayer
lists at my 3 prayer groups (1 Christian, 1 Native American, and 1 to the
Universe- Out There).

Love and hugs,
Old 07-10-2012, 10:19 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Dear TT,

You and JJ are always remembered in my prayers. Just got home from a session at my church and during the intercessory prayers you--and all the families and loved ones struggling to overcome addiction--were lifted up to God in my heart.

I pray all of our mothers' hearts be soothed so that we may continue on.

Blessings to you.:ghug3
Old 07-10-2012, 11:38 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

You're doing the right thing and the only thing you can do to help your son.

Stay strong...do not feel guilty as he is doing what he wants to do. He knows how to find help, believe me.

Hugs, prayers, Devastated
Old 07-10-2012, 12:16 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Ilovemyson, if the worst news is in fact true you should know that HIV and Hep. are not death sentences. They have a lot of new medication & with a healthy life style he can live a long time. Of course, he has to get clean and sober.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:58 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I understand "feeling guilty". I have to keep remembering that it doesn't matter what I do or don't do!! It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter. We could move heaven and earth....and he's gonna keep using if that's what he wants to do...and, for now, that's what he wants to do.

Hugs and continued prayers...... always.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:22 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I have said a little prayer for you, your son JJ and his family many times since i have read your posts. God will take care of you. Us addicts are a tricky bunch - when i was drinking and using i was so destroyed spiritually that i was not me. I just existed. I knew what was right and wrong, what my moral code was, i just couldn't live up to it in the throws of addiction. Once i cleaned up, i could meet that code. Your son does not mean to hurt you so much. His addiction has taken him. I pray that he comes into the light soon.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:37 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hugs and prayers today