To newbies - why people respond the way they do

Old 07-29-2012, 09:17 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

The people who have succeeded in escaping the horror of addiction have no reason to be here.
Sorry Deuce but that is JUST NOT TRUE. Many of us are past it and have been for many years. Part of my own recovery from both alcohol and drugs and CODEPENDENCY is to 'carry the message of recovery', so I continue, as do many others here, to share my own ES&H to help others to find peace and serenity in their lives.

NO I am NOT still in PAIN!

Please newcomers, read, digest, and listen. We who share with you have come through your situation and share our EXPERIENCE, STRENGTH and HOPE that there is a life without the ROLLER COASTER RIDES and the CRAZY TRAIN.

Stick around, take what info you can use for right now, and put the rest on the shelf where it will be readily available when you can use that info also.

J M E

Love and hugs,
Old 07-29-2012, 10:31 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am closing this thread as the discussion has run its course and the stickies get locked so the newcomer doesn't get lost posting up here. They make wonderful reading for newcomer.

To the newcomer...whether you like the soft and gentle approach, or shooting from the hip, we each try to share our own experience, strength and hope in out own way. We share because we care and because we have been where you are. Please know that nobody here faults you for what you have done, or how you are living...we are each here to try to help you find the better path that we found, and to let you know this is always hope for us and for our addicted loved ones too.

Please join us on the regular forums to share your story and let us welcome you here.

Hugs
Ann