What to do

Old 07-01-2012, 04:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What to do

So I have a question. I told my crack addict bf that I would no longer hold his money and ration out his money to pay his bills similar to a payee. Well his payday is coming up Friday. He and I both know that he will use that money for his addiction no question and I have suggested that he get a true payee, previously. If he doesn't ask me for assistance to hold the money for him again, should I stick to what I said earlier out of anger or go back to suggest that I help him until he sets up an alternative person to be responsible for his money?
Old 07-01-2012, 04:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I would not want to be responsible for a crack addicts money.
Old 07-01-2012, 04:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Playing warden/conservator is a power trip and not a sound basis for a romanitic relationship. It's not your job to control or cushion the consequences of his addiction.
Old 07-01-2012, 04:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

He is an adult, it is his responsibility to manage his money, his life. If wants to use, he will, he will find a way to get the drugs.
Old 07-01-2012, 05:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Say what you MEAN and Mean what you say boundaries.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I do know some people in recovery who used the assistance of a cash handler in their early recovery. they told me that cash was such a major trigger that having someone assist early on was very helpful. I will say that I tried it with my exbf and it is just not good whatsoever for a romantic relationship. if he feels that a cash handler would help him get deeper into recovery he should find someone besides his gf (even though it is often most convenient...but tough luck, its just not healthy)

but it doesn't really sound as though hes making an effort at recovery anyway???...so the real question is what are you going to do with your life?
Old 07-01-2012, 09:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I appreciate all of the information. It validated what I already thought; to focus on my recovery and my plan of action. Thank you.