Honoring my boundaries or ignoring the kids?

Old 06-24-2012, 07:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Honoring my boundaries or ignoring the kids?

AH who is out of state, has not spoke directly to me in almost two weeks. I spent almost a week ignoring his texts. On father's day I told him I was taking a break from talking to him and he said he understood. I then let the kids call and say happy fathers day. I have no interest in cutting off communication between him and the kids. He texted me and asked me to fax some info to him as we are in the middle of a house sale, on tue. No contact since. Which is fine for me. But he has not called his children in a week today. That bugs me as none of this is their fault and they are not responsible for the troubles between us. Oddly they have not asked about why dad hasn't called, have not made any comments about missing him and have not asked to call him. It is like everyone in this family is disconnected from their feelings right now.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Maybe you could casually say to your kids "you know you can talk to you dad on the phone anytime you want". Just in case they do need to talk about it. I went thru a divorce with a young child. This is what I did. It was a good thing. I told him just what you said. That I wasn't getting along with his father but it wasn't about him. He did want to hear that. :ghug3My son felt he could talk if he needed to. Best wishes for you. Hugs.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

And I hope you don't "buy" into the ole..."and you didn't have the kids calls me" BS. He is the adult and its his responsibility to call them not vice versa.

As for the kids not asking about him....just goes to show they are so much smarter then we think.

Is he still staying he is clean?? pffffttttttt