When it rains it pours

Old 06-20-2012, 05:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

When it rains it pours

My doctor has discovered I am insulin resistant so he put me on Metformin, of course I already knew I should be eating healthier and getting more exercise so I have also stepped that up. Last night my sugar dropped to 51 thankfully my grandmother had an extra machine and I had it here so I can check it.

I know it is good that he found it now so hopefully I can prevent or prolong possible Diabetes 2... I called today and told him what was sugar showed last night so he cut my dose back.

I took DD grocery shopping today and the blasted car would not start when we tried to leave 98 degrees and milk, meat, etc in the car she called her dad I didn't know she was but not my business he in return calls me asking what did I expect him to do? smh I told him nothing I didn't call , a friend came and picked us up and got my car running at least for now.

I get home and oldest AS called from prison wanting me to text his dad I tried to explain a little of what is occurring out here to him he was on someones cell phone and didn't have but a minute, I felt kinda bad for him not sure why, he has no clue how his dad has changed while he has been gone.

I start up the stair to my apt. and AH calls trying to pick a fight no clue why I just hung up and did not answer any more of his calls I am now trying to shut up that little voice in my head that is saying he will use tonight because of that because I KNOW he will use whenever he decides no matter what.

Just needed to vent a little last night was hard I was irrational and trying to solve the future and it is not here then I had to call the suicide hotline.

I think I hate the codie in me more than I do the addict in him does that make any sense?

There is a silver lining I was able to handle my car issue without him and I am alive today and I now have groceries so I would like to say thank you God for my current events I have what I need and I learned some more about me that I needed to see.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Angie, I found the best way to shut the troubles of the day out and regain my balance was to go to a meeting.

I hope you can find a way to get your focus on yourself and healing and moving forward. Until then it doesn't matter how anyone else is doing. Please don't lose yourself in the process.

Hugs
Old 06-20-2012, 07:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((((Angie))))

Im so sorry you had such a bad night.

So glad you posted about it.

Keep us posted. love to you Katie
Old 06-20-2012, 08:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

((Angie)) - I'm sorry you've had a rough time, but I am really glad that you are here and posting about it. Sometimes that helps me...just getting it out of my head and on to SR where people care, and we do

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-20-2012, 08:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well...the nice thing is that we get to try to have a better day tomorrow. I think yesterday was a new moon. I think those can be as weird as full moons.

gentle hugs to you
ke
Old 06-20-2012, 10:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I dusted off my big girl pants and the rest of the day was good
Old 06-20-2012, 10:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Ann, we only have 2 meetings a week and they are on Mondays and Thursdays I suppose I should have called my sponsor last night I forgot about that.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Hi crazybabie, yes I certainly hope you can prevent diabetes. Don't wish it own ya. AH wanted to pick a fight huh, that's probably a never ending story. Just wanted to say hi and glad its going better than worse.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:47 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by crazybabie View Post
Ann, we only have 2 meetings a week and they are on Mondays and Thursdays I suppose I should have called my sponsor last night I forgot about that.
I'm glad you have meetings and a sponsor, that will help you so much.

And don't worry, I used to "forget" also...a fact my sponsor would remind me of often.

Hope today brings you sunshine and joy...and peace.

Hugs
Old 06-21-2012, 06:42 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by crazybabie View Post
I dusted off my big girl pants and the rest of the day was good
Those big girl panties come in handy! Good job in turning your day around!

gentle hugs
ke