painful, but i did it

Old 06-16-2012, 08:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

painful, but i did it

It was painful, but I had to tell my xah's family:
1. If you deny he has an addiction I don't want you in my life
2. If you let that ***** of his (police recorrd, alcholic and also an addict) into your lives I don't want you in my life.

Painful, yes. Do I feel empathetic to their pain? Yes. But, I can't be around people who deny he has a problem and let their children around his *****.

I feel bad, but strong. I feel anxious and depressed. But just another consquence that stems from having an addict in your life. It sucks. But, my goal is happiness. And maybe one day we can see eye to eye and have a relationship again. Maybe.
If he only knew what destruction he caused. It's pretty massive. He is so clueless.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing this. My son's XGF cut us out of our grandson's life a few months back. I understand why she did it--she feels that he will be less traumatized if he has absolutely no contact with his paternal family. I feel that if it gives our sweet grandson even a remote chance at a healthy and happy life without addiction......it's worth it.

It hurt me to the core of my being to be cut off from that little guy. I love him so very much. I was a very active participant in his life for the first six years--even though my son was not. I guess I never thought that it may have been painful for her as well. I do believe she feels strongly that she is doing the best thing possible for her child. She's a good mother. I am comforted by the thought that he is loved so very much by the members of his maternal family.

I am hopeful that someday......he will look us up and I can explain that I didn't leave him but that I supported his mother in this very difficult decision because I love him so very much.

The tenacles of addiction are far reaching and hurt people in ways that no one who hasn't experienced it can even imagine.

Thank you for giving me perspective on her side of this situation.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 06-16-2012, 09:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing..what you did was painful but it just shows that you mean business and that you are getting Better at being stronger. Your son deserves to be free from the pain that addiction causes. The best thing that you could have done for your child as well as yourself , is what you did. I hope and pray that you keep on getting stronger and get you and your sons life back together far from the sickness of addiction and its cohorts. Crime abuse neglect. You may be missing the other member of your family but you will learn how to adapt to life without him. And although its sad cause your significant other is in his addiction and can't recognize what he is doing, maybe this is the step that needs to be taken to get some realization to just how bad his problem is. The depression will go away. Just keep yourself busy with your child. He will take away all the sadness. The smiles, the hugs, the I love you Mommy. It'll be allright. Hugs to you and your son. Keep your head up.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My hope is that we get past this and become a family again. I think there is potential. I just can't have someone in my sons life, or mine, that says "I just don't think he is an addict" and let's the ***** in to family gatherings! So, nieces and nephews are meeting this vile woman. No. I won't have it.

Kindeyes, I am truly sorry for your situation. Maybe one day too you will be a apart of their lives again.

It just sucks.
Old 06-16-2012, 12:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I promise you have done the right thing.Never look back.Good luck