They want DNA from him now

Old 06-14-2012, 03:45 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

To me, it is time to close this thread, everyone is just spinning their wheels and nothing of a positive nature is being accomplished.

I, too, am leaving this thread.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:14 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pinkchampagne View Post
But his attorney had evidence to prove that he was not even in town when she died . He had receipts and phone records and people who would testify but there were still texts between them found on her phone and the police have that...
And receipts can be borrowed from friends, and 'out of town' can be 20 miles away (and accessible to the crime scene during the final hours of someone's life) or it can be 2,000 miles away. And witnesses can lie. And texts go through cell phone towers which can pinpoint your location at the time of making them within a radius of 35 feet, less if your phone has GPS.

And the police have all this information and STILL think he was at the scene of the crime at the time of her fatal injection of heroin.

And his parents have all this information and don't sound so confident. And he has all that information but still feels he had a bad day, after walking in thinking it would be a walk in the park, a mere formality.

Her cause of death might not have been at the moment of intercourse or shortly thereafter. It might have been hours before or even 12 hours or more later. There are so many variables and possibilities and contributors, that your BF's receipts and phone records may not even be in the period of time that is of interest to the police.

Not that they'd tell him, his atty or his parents. They know from the questioning that things aren't as copacetic as they thought. But they don't know what the police are thinking or what direction they are moving; all they know it's moving in the 'wrong' direction. They won't have the information they need until after after he's charged when there is a process called discovery. Until then, all they can do is guess.

.... but as of yesterday they would not tell him he was not a suspect . They asked him to come back today and they want a dna sample. They say he can do it voluntarily or they will get a warrant. He says he has nothing to hide and will do it if his attorney approves it.
That means he's a suspect. They will get his DNA sample. And the thing is people have a Constitutional right not to incriminate themselves, and providing bio samples against your will often is considered self-incrimination. Which is why a lot of times bullets aren't removed from bodies even though they are crucial evidence. The law governing when they can take self incriminating bio samples and when they can't is involved and I won't go into it; but suffice to say, if they get a warrant to compel him to give one there's a lot of credible evidence against him, enough to press charges and the reason they can get it is because they can charge without it, and do it as a formality to try to rule him out.

People who are arrested on Federal felony charges or state murder/manslaughter charges are almost always required to give DNA samples as a part of the booking process.

There's really no point in saying no. And if he's innocent, why would it worry him, why wouldn't he? I didn't kill her, I know it, and I'd be happy to give them one.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:26 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

I thought about posting something, but after pinkchampagne used other people's experience to be rude and dismissive, I am not interested in opening myself up to that.

Pink, you are in deep water with a shark. I hope you call home.

Beth
Old 06-14-2012, 04:37 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

I mean they think whoever had sex with her is the one they want to talk to and even then I don’t think this is murder if she overdosed.
Someone left her to die tied up unable to help herself. That's murder. And if someone injected the fatal dose that's at least manslaughter.

If I understand correctly a heroin high last about 4 hours, but she was probably left there much longer than that if the neighbor found her the next morning. In an apt with an open door. She didn't leave the door open, she was tied up. It's not so much the sex, or the drug over dose, it's the leaving her tied up in an extremely vulnerable state.

And why didn't the person who left her shut the apt door behind him? Was he high/incapacitated? Can he even remember what happened?

I thought they wanted like a semen sample for dna and I got so sick, but he says dna doesn’t have to be from that and he made fun of me .
He made fun of you? How did that make you feel? And yet, he claims he wants, needs your support? And then when you give it, he makes fun of you?

See above for emotional abuse.

He's right; DNA can come from a cheek swab. But they want semen to check his sperm. You see, sperm live about 3-5 days after intercourse in the body. But it changes as time goes by. They need a baseline fresh sample to work backwards from. It's not DNA they are looking for; it's sperm.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:55 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Administrator

Closing the thread now.

Thanks everyone for sharing.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:01 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

I don’t see any thing that tells me he is using and we live together you know for 6months I think I would know.
Everyone is different, and this is probably not your situation, but I have a college that had a 32 year old son living with him and his wife. He had never moved out but he paid rent, worked fulltime, never caused trouble and was a heroin addict. They had no idea until he OD'd one day. They realized they had probably never seen him sober since he was about 16.

Don't lean too much on your own understanding about drug usage, you admit you don't have a lot of experience. It comes after awhile. You learn. But that learning comes at a high price with a lot of pain and loss in your life. You may be right and he hasn't used since he persuaded you to do it with him. But it's equally possible he's using regularly.

Logically, he stopped using because he learned it was bad stuff. Now you know that he was intimately involved in someone who died horribly of drug usage. So having stopped, having the knowledge that this is bad for him, having experienced the awful death of an intimate--why would he have that one episode not too long ago? How come his past experiences weren't enough to make him stop forever? Having gained sobriety and putting his life together and having (at that time) escaped involvement in a horrible drug related murder, why would he risk going back to that 'hell'?

Answers:

1. He has such a strong pull towards it, he has trouble resisting. This is not good. This is the set up for major relapse.

2. He never really quit, he's been using all this time. He's been leading a double life since you've known him.

Also, him knowing a woman DIED from this, him KNOWING that it was bad for him, why did he introduce you, a drug virgin, to drugs? If he valued you, why would he risk losing you to either death or addiction? Why not just quietly use on his own and SPARE HIS LOVED ONE? Why was he willing to risk you?

The answers to that are not ones you want to hear.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:10 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Administrator

Whoops. I forgot to close it.