SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   I still count the days since his death (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/259262-i-still-count-days-since-his-death.html)

Loneywife 06-11-2012 10:09 AM

I still count the days since his death

I am still counting each and every day that it has been since my AH has died. It's 22 days today. I feel like an addict or a codependent counting their sober days. I'm just counting the days of pain that I've had to endure since he's passed.

My in laws have been even more difficult since his passing. :(

Ann 06-11-2012 10:28 AM

Awww, sweetie, it's normal to grieve and we all grieve in different ways. It is a necessary way to process the pain and although it hurts terribly, one day you will forget to count and you will know you are on the way to healing.

Sending you wishes for new dreams ahead, days of sunshine and healing that will change the pain into memories of the better days that were.

We're here for you with hugs and love. :grouphug:

zoso77 06-11-2012 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Loneywife (Post 3439952)
I am still counting each and every day that it has been since my AH has died. It's 22 days today. I feel like an addict or a codependent counting their sober days. I'm just counting the days of pain that I've had to endure since he's passed.

My in laws have been even more difficult since his passing. :(

I am so, so sorry. This is awful, and it's unfair.

You will grieve in your own way, on your own time, and on your own schedule. I'm glad that you're seeking support here, and I hope that you have other supports you can lean on during this time. Please, take care of yourself. I will be thinking of you this evening during my prayers.

Best,
ZoSo

Ilovemysonjj 06-11-2012 11:43 AM

Dear Loneywife, I understand how horribly difficult it is. You feel powerless and certainly impacted with the sudden loss. I lost my dear Mother in February and the grief is just now starting to lighten. Please seek comfort from those close to you, accept their offers of help and let your heart and mind go through the process of loss and grief. I hold you up in prayer.
Hugs
Teresa

Chino 06-11-2012 12:40 PM

Sending you a bunch of prayers and :grouphug:

samwise 06-11-2012 12:49 PM

hugs and support!

Impurrfect 06-11-2012 01:14 PM

((LW)) - you've been through a traumatic experience and I would think the grief is overwhelming. We work through the grief in our own time. When my mom died (not addiction related), I know it was about 6 months before I truly accepted she was gone.

I'm convinced our brains only accept things as it can. Some stuff is too painful, so there is the feeling of "I can't believe this happened". It's a defense mechanism, and I do believe it's meant to protect us, to give us time to accept reality.

You and all who loved your husband remain in my prayers.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy

Bristolgirl07 06-11-2012 03:36 PM

I don't know your story, Lonelywife, but just wanted to say how sorry I am that you have had to deal with the death of your husband. Things sound really tough for you at the moment. Sending you best wishes from England.

sweetheart25 06-11-2012 03:52 PM

I can't begin to imagine the pain you are feeling right now, I'm so sorry for your loss, you're in my thoughts xx

Loneywife 06-11-2012 05:19 PM

Thank you all for your support, I really appreciate it. I haven't been able to go to my meetings lately, as it's been too painful for me to go.

Jody675 06-11-2012 06:13 PM

im so sorry to hear of your loss LW...i lost my mum 7.5 years ago, and it was a very difficult time. some days were good others were not. i hope that one day you can remember him without all the pain of his passing. my heartfelt condolences from Australia.

MsPINKAcres 06-12-2012 09:20 AM

adding my thoughts, prayers and some gentle PINK HUGS,
Rita

Loneywife 06-12-2012 05:30 PM

Thank you all, I really appreciate it. Tonight has been a bit of a difficult night already. I am trying to remember to eat and wind down for the evening.