SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   my boyfriends addicted to heroin (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/258239-my-boyfriends-addicted-heroin.html)

allforcnm 06-05-2012 09:21 PM

PrincessSarah.

Hoping your grandfather is better, and things are improving with your boyfriend as he goes through detox. I was thinking about you today, and wanted to let you know your family is in my prayers.

princesssarrah 06-05-2012 11:51 PM

Co the hitting and throwing stuff was my past. Oyfirend iwas just tell a little of my back ground this bf. Hs never and wud never.. just putting that out there

princesssarrah 06-05-2012 11:55 PM

Wicked hanks for your post and allforcnm thank you for thinking bout today today was ok starting to be better but I'm just ignoring a lot I have eough to deal with and the busier I am the less my mind wonders...

fourmaggie 06-07-2012 01:35 PM

your quoted words are "but addiction doesn't just effect the addict it effects the loved ones around them....
WOW! you got that rite...so? how do you think its affecting your CHILD...

I am a single/widowed mom....my story...married 8 years, got pregnant with my son, 10 mths in...found out i was pregnant again(for my Miss LILY) and voilia...HUSBAND died, suddenly....

son 10 mths
me pregnant 17 weeks

i did it! 10 years later...ALONE, with little support of my parents because they are just that GRANDPARENTS....yes it was hard, yes it was lonely...but NOW? would not change it for the world...of course would love my husband back...but who knew? by the grace of god and strength and courage...i am here....and loving my life in my fellowship, and my family and friends are my support...

I am not a victim...never was...but so learned my path...and my journey is still going on...:tyou

princesssarrah 06-13-2012 11:23 AM

Well. Everyone u were right we went a week and half and then yesterday he relasped... and lied about it when I suspected it... wasn't until I saw a text messegefrom someone while he was sleeping I told him I need u to be honest he stilled denied it I didn't wamma tell him I saw the text but I finally did and he became very angry then calmed down and cried and he is like I'm sorry ill try again well now I can say I tried to help him and I failed so now its my time to decide what to do for me and I told him I need to figure it out..

princesssarrah 06-13-2012 10:23 PM

that's the thing I feel I cqnt think clearly but I took today at the beach thinking and reflecting and I know what I have to do. If I love him I need todo what's best for him and let him go and get help and if our love is true when he is clean and healthy we can see about us but we both need to focus on ourselves and in the end we can work on us ill still be here for him but just not fully and stuff if that makes sense my daughter and I need to rebiuld our lives wile he is rebiulding his..

LoveMeNow 06-13-2012 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by princesssarrah (Post 3443989)
that's the thing I feel I cqnt think clearly but I took today at the beach thinking and reflecting and I know what I have to do. If I love him I need todo what's best for him and let him go and get help and if our love is true when he is clean and healthy we can see about us but we both need to focus on ourselves and in the end we can work on us ill still be here for him but just not fully and stuff if that makes sense my daughter and I need to rebiuld our lives wile he is rebiulding his..

:ghug3

Please don't make the same mistakes many of us have. Get healthy!! Read Codependent No More, go to some naranon or alanon meetings, so next time, when you are ready, you will attract a nice healthy guy. If you don't fix yourself now, you will most likely keep repeating the same relationships and/or mistakes.

Great decision though!! Way to GO!!

princesssarrah 06-15-2012 08:51 AM

Yes I'm def gunna read that book... sounds good and my mom always tells me god has so much a aheaad of me but I gotta stop surrounding myself with ppl like that .... I'm taking this one day at a time I'm just tired of getting hurt and an addict bwill always hurt me... but its easier said then done to jus leave him feelings and all that come into play but we both have some hard stuff ahead of us ....

cc88 06-15-2012 09:15 AM

God has so much ahead for all of us, but just because he can make a banquet and pave the road to it doesn't mean we cant wander off and be obsessed with a rotting apple core thinking we've found dinner.

Its up to God to pave the path but completely up to us to decide to walk it. It sounds like you just caught a glimpse of where the road was and are realizing where it could lead you. Go with that. Good luck!

princesssarrah 06-21-2012 05:56 PM

So my friend gave me the codependent no more book and I just started reading it....since my last post my boyfriend is clean been a week today and I've kindof shut myself off from him a lil I havennt been focussing so much on him but on my and reading and my daughter we are stilll together buthe now sleeps down stairs and I sleep wit my daughter in her room.. things are still head and ever day a struggle but its gettin a lot well alittle better because I'm not so focussed on his recovory but mine