venting about my mean in-laws

Old 05-28-2012, 07:12 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Good Morning Allofcmn-

I am not suggesting you tell him now or when. However, I am suggesting you appreciate what your parent's have done out of love for you and your son.

As we all know, recovery odds are slim. Most rehabs tell you that right in the beginning, so I am told. So if I may make this suggestion.....

Just for today - refocus your energies on yourself and saying thank you to your parents. It's the best gift you can give to your family, especially your son. If you having a hard time motivating yourself, make it your thank you to your parents.

If their "investment" in your husband helps you become strong and healthy, it will be the best investment they have ever made. Please don't take their love, concern and generosity for granted. Value it and embrace it.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:02 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

LMN. You are right and I am so thankful for my parents. I am feeling much better since talking with them, and Im staying with them again for now. My mom loves having her grandson around, and she is spoiling him rotten. He always stops crying for her, and ends up with a huge smile.

Yesterday they went with me to visit my husband. They were awesome. My mom and I went shopping the other day and we bought my son a little shirt that says I love daddy. He wore it yesterday, and it made his daddy so happy. I told him that my mom bought it, and he gave her a big hug and thanked her. We had such a good visit. He seems so much better this week. Much less anxiety.
I promised my parents that I would really focus on myself and getting my emotions under control. After visiting with my husband, they agreed to support my continued visits and contact with him. I feel like we are all on the same page now. It is such a good feeling.

Makes me sad that his parents want to stand back and not be part of this, but that is their choice. I am done trying to accomodate them. They can live on their little island all alone.

I needed your reminder LMN. Im going to think of something special to do for my mom and dad this week. I realize that I have been causing them a lot of stress lately. But Im going to get myself together. I feel much stronger today.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:21 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by allforcnm View Post
The reason I took prescribed pain medicine is because I have had very bad cramping since Friday. The doctor gave me only enough for a couple days, and I broke them and only have been taking half dose about every 6 hours. Its enough to help, I have low tolerance for everything. I haven’t taken any today; I have to clear my system so I can start breastfeeding again.
Does this MD know you are pregnant?