Just need to vent

Old 05-25-2012, 03:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just need to vent

Its been a few months since I was last on. For a little while things were good with my heroin addict brother. He was legitimately clean, passing drug tests, and started working. But the past few weeks I can see he has relapsed. He hides in his room, doesn't eat, and has stolen money from my father. He lies constantly again. He has a job but can't seem to afford cigarettes and when he asked me for one and I told him no. He turned on me to say I'm bipolar cuz my mOod swings with him.

I don't know where I'm going with all of this but just needed to get it out. My father is an enabler and unfortunately my wife, son and I rent out my fathers basement apartment. My brother lives upstairs with my father because my mother was fed up n doesn't want to be around him any longer. We have to deal with them both everyday although we are looking at new places and should be out soon.

The support in these forums has been great in past and sorry to ramble on. I ant wait to really be done with all of this so my wife, 16 month old son and I can get on with our lives.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

With an addict, they tend to want to get the people around them all stirred up. What does it do? It takes the attention off of them. It makes their own behavior look....well....almost normal and we look like the crazy ones.

The thing that is so strange and baffling about addiction is that it makes the people exposed to it a wee bit crazy too. At least that's what happened around my house.

Good to hear that you are going to be changing your living arrangements. Whenever possible, it's certainly easier not to have to live under the same roof as an addict.

gentle hugs
ke

PS--And just because he calls you bipolar, doesn't make it so.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks kindeyes. I know I'm not crazy although sometimes I feel like I am. It pains me to be an ass sometimes an I always feel bad afterwards when I know I shouldn't. When he got clean few months ago and was passing random testing I knew in back of my mind we are far from where we need to be. Then I realized I have to stop making it we and make it him. I don't enable him like my father. Now he tries to make me feel guilty cux he won't have a ride to work. But why should I take him after the things he says. He told our sister he hates we because she wouldn't take him to cash his check.

I love these forums because everyone r on here is so supportive and hel
Old 05-25-2012, 04:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks kindeyes. I know I'm not crazy although sometimes I feel like I am. It pains me to be an ass sometimes and I always feel bad afterwards when I know I shouldn't. When he got clean few months ago and was passing random testing I knew in back of my mind we are far from where we need to be. Then I realized I have to stop making it we and make it him. I don't enable him like my father. Now he tries to make me feel guilty cuz he won't have a ride to work. But why should I take him after the things he says. He told our sister he hates her because she wouldn't take him to cash his check.

I love these forums because everyone on here is so supportive and helpful. Not easy to talk to friends who have never experienced this. They want to help me but don't know what to say.