I finally made my son leave....:(

Old 05-25-2012, 10:27 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

puddinface I think you did the right thing. Impurfect you saying it was your choice helps me a bit in understanding my role in my wife's drinking. Other people have said this but not like you just did. I still feel responsible but it helps. Thanks.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:29 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Yes, you did the right thing and I hope you are holding strong. I made my heroin addict 21 year old son leave last October. The best thing I have done for my sanity is turn my phone off every night when I go to bed - no heart stopping phone calls in the middle of the night. I figure what ever happens can wait until morning.

He is in jail now facing numerous charges, including his first felony charge for stealing checks from his grandmother. I encouraged her to press charges after being taken advantage of numerous time by him and thankfully she did. He is where he belongs and I hope he stays there for a long time.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:42 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

When I was 17, I had a drug buddy kicked out of his house and dropped on my doorstep. Needless to say, we broke into his house and stole alcohol from his parents every night. They had 20+ bottles and bought new ones every couple of days so they didnt notice. He was bothered by getting kicked out, but we got drunk and hung out for two weeks.

It may help your son, but you need to prepare for more action and really try to plan for helping him.