My AH husband passed away.

Old 05-25-2012, 06:10 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

please know u will b on my prayer list. God give u peace at this time. i am so sorry.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:10 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I'm so sad for you.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:30 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Thank you all for reminding me that it's ok to ask for help from others. I appreciate it.[/QUOTE]

You can ask, but many people will just offer. Accept their offers, it will help both you and them.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:42 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

LW, i am so sorry for your loss. my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. allow yourself as much time as you need. be gentle with yourself.

hugs to you.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:18 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Today was ok, but tonight has been hell already. I really miss my husband right now. The house is so lonely without him. I've been calling his sponsor and friends to try to not feel so lonely right now. It's not working.

Thank you all for your prayers and condolences. I really need the prayers right now.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:52 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Originally Posted by Loneywife View Post
Today was ok, but tonight has been hell already. I really miss my husband right now. The house is so lonely without him. I've been calling his sponsor and friends to try to not feel so lonely right now. It's not working.

Thank you all for your prayers and condolences. I really need the prayers right now.
Know you are in mine tonight.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:26 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Present

Loneywife, I am sorry for your loss, and I send healing and love your way.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:14 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

LW I just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you and your family this evening.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:07 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Thank you all. I went to his gravesite today (and will be going tomorrow morning.). I've ha a lot of conversations with my husband since he's passed away. I'm fortunate that I've been open to it and I feel closer to him when I do talk.

I still can't quite get my head wrapped around everything yet.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:32 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Just want to say how sorry I am ans pray you find peace and comfort ! May God richly bless you.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:41 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

When my friend lost her husband, she found grief counseling to be a very helpful for step. He was young, had juvenile diabetes and was an alcoholic and addict.

She had made him move out 2 months before his death and his parents blamed her for his death (still do). He left her with 2 young children, no money, no car and they had just lost their house to foreclosure. Not one family member was willing to help her.

Today she is an RN at 48 yrs old and has found her path to recovery. She worked past her own guilt, her own pain and is truly an amazing person. Grief counseling was his first step. They helped guide her to other resources and a new goal to rebuild her life. Just sharing one woman's journey and growth after such a painful loss.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 05-28-2012, 02:49 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Thank you all. I went to my AH's home NA group yesterday and it was awful. I couldn't stop crying and hugging as I shared my terror of grief taking over my body and making me want to crawl into a hole. I was really not ready for it.

I had to go to see a friend of his, then go to his gravesite in order to lessen the cloud that settled over my head after that meeting.

I really don't know if I can attend my twice weekly naranon meetings without putting myself into a serious depression and not being able to relieve it. I don't mind calling my friends from there, but I think it would be too much to try to attend again.

I'm terrified to start going to a grief support group for fear that I'll have the same reaction as his NA meeting. I don't know when I'll be ready to listen to other's experiences and share my own without putting myself into a tailspin.

How do I know when I'm ready? I had the knowledge that I wanted to help myself and to help my husband. Now I have no idea.
Old 05-28-2012, 02:58 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Oh, hon, you don't have to do anything right away. If you need some time to heal, then you have every right to take it. I think you will know when you are ready. Please don't feel like you have to rush yourself or meet some timetable you read or heard somewhere. We all process grief differently, so take your time. We are here whenever you feel you need to talk but not necessarily face-to-face. Take care of yourself.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:26 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Thank you so much fOr your reassurance. Maybe I'm putting way too much pressure on myself.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:31 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Maybe so. I have found when I am frustrated, anxious, nervous or uneasy, it usually is a case of me doing it to myself. There are no rules in this thing. Everyone deals with it in their own way in their own time. Give yourself a break and cut yourself some slack. I really do believe you will know when you are ready to take another step.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:36 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Still Standing

((((((((((Comforting Hugs Loneywife))))))))))
Old 05-28-2012, 04:06 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
Oh, hon, you don't have to do anything right away. If you need some time to heal, then you have every right to take it. I think you will know when you are ready. Please don't feel like you have to rush yourself or meet some timetable you read or heard somewhere. We all process grief differently, so take your time. We are here whenever you feel you need to talk but not necessarily face-to-face. Take care of yourself.
I also realized I feel an obligation to show up to the meetings because of an outpouring of support from my naranon group. Almost every one of them attended the wake or the funeral. I think I'm being too hard on myself.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:03 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

So sorry for your loss
Old 05-29-2012, 05:59 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Try not to be so tough on yourself. Grief has no timeline. And it's strange to think that there are so many people putting one foot in front of the other as they process the death of a loved one. There are so many of the "walking wounded" that we come into contact with each day and don't know it.

One of the things I did while processing my grief was I looked for the brightest star in the sky at night.....and I told myself that it was my Dad up there.....because he would shine that bright for me. One night I slept outside on a blow up mattress just so I could be close to that star and see it as I fell asleep. It brought me comfort.

Grief takes time and no one can tell you what to do or how to handle it. I can never ever be grateful for losing my father, confidante, best friend and business partner in that violent crash but I am very grateful for the lessons my grief process taught me. But it took me a very long time to recognize and appreciate those lessons.

Be gentle with yourself and give yourself time to process your loss.

You are in my prayers.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 05-29-2012, 05:11 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing your experience.