New and confused...

Old 05-21-2012, 08:18 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I could be wrong but my understanding is
A "Closed Discussion" meeting welcomes anyone – family or friend – who has been affected by someone else's drinking. Meetings offer a safe place where people can come and talk about dealing with the family disease of alcoholism.

An "Open Discussion" meeting allows attendance by those interested in learning about Al-Anon Family Groups (professionals, students, etc.). All present at an open meeting should be aware that the assurance of anonymity

Same with Nar-Anon, and Families Anonymous any of these 3 could be useful we do not have Nar-Anon in my town soo I attend Families Anonymous.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:18 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

reposted over and over

Last edited by crazybabie; 05-21-2012 at 08:26 PM. Reason: reposted over and over?
Old 05-21-2012, 08:19 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

the post somehow posted numerous times...sorry I have no cluehow to delete any...

Last edited by crazybabie; 05-21-2012 at 08:29 PM. Reason: did not know how to delete
Old 05-21-2012, 08:20 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I could be wrong but my understanding is
A "Closed Discussion" meeting welcomes anyone – family or friend – who has been affected by someone else's drinking. Meetings offer a safe place where people can come and talk about dealing with the family disease of alcoholism.

An "Open Discussion" meeting allows attendance by those interested in learning about Al-Anon Family Groups (professionals, students, etc.). All present at an open meeting should be aware that the assurance of anonymity

Same with Nar-Anon, and Families Anonymous any of these 3 could be useful we do not have Nar-Anon in my town soo I attend Families Anonymous.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:29 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hmm..I'm not sure. I might get the phone number and give them a call.