sad

Old 05-20-2012, 01:18 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Be brave Nina Kay. My own D was down to 70-80 lbs before she went to prison. It was terrrible to see. However, six months in prison and she actually fattend up. You just never know what can happen. I will pray for your son.
Old 05-20-2012, 02:05 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Still Standing

I understand too NinaKay.
My oldest son is 30 and addicted to heroin.
He also has a hereditary connective tissue disorder that makes him extremely tall (over 6'4") and thin. When he is using he looks like a concentration camp survivor, just barely enough muscle to stand upright. His eyes, beautiful startling blue eyes, become glassy and unseeing.
So much intelligence, humor and warmth, taken, gone away.
I miss my son. Beth
Beth,
Thank you. I'm sorry to hear that you have a sick son too. It's the most horrific pain !! I think that you're son being so tall would even make it a scarier sight to see. I'm sorry. I know about the glassy unseeing eyes, for sure. My 3 yr old grandson fell yesterday while I was there & my son, his daddy, stood over him looking down at him with those eyes. Completely void of any care or concern at all. My son is normally a very loving daddy, that takes his son everywhere with him & lets him be involved in all that he does. He's even good like that with him while on marijuana, but he's deep into Meth again right now & I'm not sure what else. It's devastating & I finally had to leave after that because I just couldn't watch that anymore for one day.
And Beth, I do so understand about how hurtful it is for us to know how special & beautiful our sons are & then to have to watch them destroying themselves little by little. My son was always so very attractive, looks & personality. He always had the softest heart of anyone I've ever known. He is multi-talented too. It's all such a horrible waste.
Old 05-20-2012, 02:21 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Still Standing

Dear Nina Kay, It is so heartbreaking. I live with this pain too. My beautiful son is 22. He is lost to me now and I may never see him again. Right now I am waiting for him to be issued a warrant for stealing from us a large sum of money. Like Kind Eyes and others, my son is homeless, but now with the large amount of money, I am sure he has some kind of roof over his head at least till the money is gone. That wont take long since he is an addict.
I do feel God covering me with His love and peace. I reach out every hour (sometimes every minute) .
Ilovemysonjj,
I know you are struggling alot right now. I'm so sad for you. I do feel your pain. I read your thread yesterday & I'm so very sorry that he stole everything from you. My son has stolen alot from us over the years, even when we thought that we had it covered so that he couldn't. He stole from his only sister, which was so extremely hurtful for their relationship. He had never done that before & has never since. He has stolen from his friends & his uncles. There are so many emotions & fall-out involved with that part of dealing with addiction, that it's too much to put into words. I do feel that you are very strong & you did the right thing to report it to the police & press charges. I have never been that strong. I do believe that it was best for your son. Although I know how hard it must've been for you to have to do this. I'm happy that you feel covered by the love & peace of God. That's awesome.
Old 05-20-2012, 02:31 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Still Standing

Be brave Nina Kay. My own D was down to 70-80 lbs before she went to prison. It was terrrible to see. However, six months in prison and she actually fattend up. You just never know what can happen. I will pray for your son.
EJG,
That sounds terrifying. I'm sorry that you ever had to see your daughter like that. I'm also sorry that you had to experience having your daughter go to prison. I've always felt that as devastating as this has all been with my beautiful tender boy, that I couldn't imagine having to deal with all of this if it were having to do with my sweet little girl. I applaud you for being able to keep your sanity & being able to look for the positive in it.
My son has always gained weight & been healthier in jail & prison or rehab too, but he goes right back down as soon as he is released. I would rather my son be there right now, except that his little boys are always traumatized. If he goes again, they've said they will put him in for at least 10 years this time. I got tougher right before the little boys were born & then because of them I'm having to start all over again with my recovery. They add a whole other group of dimensions to the problem.