SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   My exA was arrested.. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/256622-my-exa-arrested.html)

Skye10 05-12-2012 11:54 PM

My exA was arrested..

I haven't been on here in a few weeks. I guess I needed to take a little break for myself. I had not talked to my exA for about 5 weeks. I called him about 10 days ago, just to see if he was ok. He didn't sound too good at all, he sounded terrible. Of course he proceeded to tell me I was the reason he started using again, as I was his rock and breaking up with him sent him into a frenzy and he started using heavily.

I found out a week ago he violated his parole and was arrested. I talked to his PO and he has several violations pending, he said he will be in jail for quite awhile awaiting his revocation hearing. His PO plans to suggest to the parole board that he be sent back to prison. I am in shock!!!! I cannot believe he went down so fast. I knew eventually he would, be not two months after I broke up with him.

Part of me is relieved for his safety, but the other part of me knows he will soon be out of my life forever. I have struggled with the thought of going to see him, but I know its probably not a good idea.

I just wanted to point out he was on the dean's list the last year of college with straight A's...had just gotten a great paying job that was legit and would have given him some experience in the line of work he was going to college for...he went down in a few months! This is how INSANE this disease is....:(

zoso77 05-13-2012 07:12 AM

Of course he proceeded to tell me I was the reason he started using again, as I was his rock and breaking up with him sent him into a frenzy and he started using heavily.
When I read something like this, my blood pressure spikes up. I hope you're not buying into that line of crap.

He's in God's hands now. Take care of you, and whatever happens to your ex happens.

Be Safe,
ZoSo

dollydo 05-13-2012 07:20 AM

Continue to move on, you have no future with this guy. You are just torturing yourself by checking on him and talking to him.

Take care of you,

Skye10 05-13-2012 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by zoso77 (Post 3400013)
When I read something like this, my blood pressure spikes up. I hope you're not buying into that line of crap.

He's in God's hands now. Take care of you, and whatever happens to your ex happens.

Be Safe,
ZoSo

No absolutely not!!! I know it's typical for addicts to blame everyone else but themselves.

I guess it's just seems so surreal that he is gone. How 6 months ago he had so much going for him and could finally see a positive future for himself. The ending is just sad:(

bluebelle 05-13-2012 04:30 PM

I'm glad you know that you are not at fault. Addicts will find anybody to blame. They will do anything in order to not take responsibility for their own actions.