the family pets have become the latest casulty....

Old 05-10-2012, 06:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

the family pets have become the latest casulty....

So I have (had) 4 beautiful, spoiled, high maintenance Yorke's that I love very much. They aren't just dogs or pets...they have always been more like my kids.

I always worked from home, so my dogs were very attached to me and weren't use to being alone too often. Now where there was 4 people, there is only 1. (I wrote a long post explaining what happened but I somehow lost it and was too upset to rewrite it). I am here alone.

Anyway, due to the many upcoming and necessary changes, I can no longer care or afford my dogs. So today I gave my little girl Martina away. My heart is broken and I have cried for hours.

The woman who took her has called me several times and sent me 3 videos. And although she looks happy and has a big new yard, I am still devastated.

When I text my husband telling him she was gone, he replied back "I hope to a good home and how much did you get for her?" What???????????? How much did I get?? I gave her away! Money was the least of my concerns. I was devastated and he wanted to know how much??

He was NEVER like that. I couldn't believe he asked that! He never even asked what I paid for her when I bought her. I knew right then and there, he was not clean. He admitted to buying "a few" pills last night and was sure to remind me how relapse was part of recovery. Please!!!!!!!!! And if he was taking suboxone, how could the pills even have an effect??

The money, the boat, the car, the house, his wife, his kids, his home and now his pets. I find myself HATING him more and more and I just can't wait to move away from here - which is my goal....sooner than later!

I don't even care about spousal support, he will make out again, but not really! He will stay in hell and I will be free.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Omg LoveMeNot, I am so very sorry. What an Ahole! I can't imagine the pain you are in. My heart goes out to you.

(((((((((LoveMeNot)))))))))
Old 05-10-2012, 06:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I am so, so sorry, LMN. I know how much you loved your furbabies. Your husband is a jerk, but you already knew that. I am sure that your little loves are being well taken care of and bringing so much happiness and joy to their adoptive families. ((((HUGS))))
Old 05-10-2012, 06:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am so sorry you're going through this. I'm glad that you found her a good home and you're another step closer to getting your life back. You're right - you will be free soon! Lots of hugs to you
Old 05-10-2012, 06:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I can not begin to tell you how much pain I am in. I feel like someone has died. How will I ever sleep tonight, she is always curled up next me under the covers.

She is the first to go, I still have 3 more to go. I am not sure I can emotionally take any more losses.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

((LoveMeNot)) - I'm so sorry. You are doing the best thing for your pups though, you are doing right by them, no doubt about it. Lots of hugs
Old 05-10-2012, 07:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Awh, I am so sorry. I,too, love my fur babies. Sounds like you have found a loving home for her, that is good.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Love me not.....

Sugar....seriously....are you living my life? Or am I living yours? I have 2 fur babies and have been thinking that the best thing for them is to adopt them out. It would break my heart too....and I am sitting here crying, in pain for you right now.

Please try your very hardest to know that you must have made that lady very happy to have a new baby to love.

I don't know how you did it. I don't know how you will do it again...and again....
I don't know how I will do it.

Doing the right thing is always the hardest. And sometimes is breaks our hearts.
I will say special prayers for peace in your heart.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:59 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Everytime I wanted to leave, I would think what about "the dogs." What will happen to my babies?

As much I love them, I will find them a good happy home so I can find one for me too.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

I am so sorry for what you are going through.

There may however, be another solution. Please contact the Yorkie Rescues below to see if they have any 'foster homes' that might be able to foster your yorkies while you get in a better position to again be able to take care of them:

Rescue Me Yorkie Rescue

Yorkshire Terrier National Rescue Adoptions and Shop

United Yorkie Rescue - A 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Yorkshire Terrier Rescue Organization

Yorkie Haven Rescue

Welcome

Yorkie Rescue and Adoption- Adopt a Yorkshire Terrier Near You

OK Yorkie Rescue

Yorkies Inc. Placement Service

It is amazing how the different breed rescue groups seem to be able to help us with foster help, we just have to pursue and ask for help.

My avatar is my Belgian Sheepdog Shania who was a rehome/rescue by her original breeder who literally had to go and get her back at 10 months old as she was getting some very disturbing reports about what was happening to her.

So, please check out the above rescues as I believe you will be able to find either one or two or even three 'foster homes' to temporarily take care of your beloved fur kids while you get yourself re-situated and again able to care for the babies.

Hope the above helps.

Love and prayers going out to you and the fur kids.

Love and hugs,
Old 05-10-2012, 10:03 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Thank you Laurie, Great information, I was not aware there was so many agency. I will keep you informed. LMN
Old 05-10-2012, 10:21 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

LMN - big hugs and fantastic idea from Laurie!!!

The separation with your pups does not have to be permanent! I do hope you find something to help you and your babies out.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:54 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

LMN-

Can you PM me and let me know where you are located?
One of my best friends is a Yorkie breeder and I am sure she could also help find foster homes for you until you are in the place to have all your babies.
Sending you a huge hug. I am so sorry you are hurting. Our furbabies are one of the best parts of the family. Take care of you- I am sending you and your babies a huge hug.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:29 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I am so sorry you have to say goodbye to your precious friends; so very painful.

I hope time and the knowledge that they will be safe will give you some comfort. Take care and I wish the best for you.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:28 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

"How much did you get?"

Use this to stay motivated and in charge of your own life.

I am sorry it has come to this.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:55 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I don't even want to imagine how it would feel to give up one (or all) of my dogs. That must have been so hard. Sometimes it takes a whole lot of love to do something that hurts so bad.

I loved Laurie's idea. A foster home could either take care of one or more of your pups until you get situated or it may provide an avenue to help you find homes with people you know love yorkies as much as you do.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 05-11-2012, 11:10 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by outtolunch View Post
"How much did you get?"

Use this to stay motivated and in charge of your own life.

I am sorry it has come to this.

He claims he wanted to know if there was a financial transaction so that if I changed my mind, would we be able to get her back..because he feared I made a rash decision. Plus he was concerned about people getting free dogs - for the purpose of training certain breeds to fight. I had never even thought of that yesterday but remember hearing about that after the Michael Vic nightmare.

In some ways, I want to go get her. (I did make that agreement with her). He is upset too but also feels like 4 dogs became too many for me and has really kept me tied down. I had been complaining a lot lately because I wanted help and no one ever wanted to help and I was "stuck" taking care of them all the time.

I know she is in a good home with other dogs and a big fenced yard. She slept in the bed with the new owners and doing well.

I am not ready to place any of my other dogs at the time. This took too much out of me.

But the bottom line is this....I am preparing to make a move. I know it's inevitable. I can not take 4 dogs with me. The loss of Martina represents so much more.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:57 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I am so sorry to hear about your beloved pet. Laurie's ideas are a great!! I'm so glad she posted that. It is a great resource for you and for other people who may be in the same situation.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:33 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

foster your pets and make your plans

you are deep in process

hating him, or blaming him for giving away something you love, is going to keep you stuck and sick. make sure giving them away is not some deeply seeded sense of punishing him through making more pain for yourself

i know this is going to be really hard to read/hear and I could be way off base but sometimes the insidiousness of our own dis-ease can take on very subtle and cruel forms of manipulation. sorry to be the bearer of this harsh message...and if it isn't true at all then please accept my apology for offering this perspective...but you never know, even if it isn't true for you maybe it will help someone else

there are a lot of single parents left to carry the burden
I was left with a heavy mortgage, but it is a sick disease my ex has and yes, he lost a home...but I love my home and work harder now to keep it
I do not blame him
I do not wish him to be in hell...
anger will keep you sick, stuck and punishing

go get your dog back

peace.