I think I have relapsed!

Old 05-06-2012, 01:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I think I have relapsed!

I haven't posted since last summer sometime. Seperates from DAH
April 26, 2010 with one-year-old son. I moved out
Of our home and have been living w/ my parents and still paying half
The mortgage so it does not go into foreclosure. Worked on the marriage starting October 31st when he had 90 days clean from everything but methadone. Things were up and down. I was also coping with his affair and have never been able to really feel comfortable that he was in true recovery. So fast
Forward to the last two months, as DAH tapered
Off his methadone he began using, lying, betraying all over again and I filed for
Divorce and would not let him see son unsupervised. Now he
Is in psych ward on a 72 hour hold and his parents are enabling him. I called hi
And told him I was going to move back into our house and he sent mommy and big sister down to bully me out basically. Crazy. Law doesn't give me
Very many rights in this situation. I just shocked at the meaness it hurts so much. And I'm depressed and blaming myself all
Over again. Not sure what to do from here
Old 05-06-2012, 01:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

What does your attorney say about the house and who has the right to live there? I would have the entire issue clarified through your attorney, if you are paying 1/2 the mortgage you have rights, find out what they are.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Attorney says we have equal rights and it's a matter of who caves first and leaves. So I can move back in but I can't force husband out
Old 05-06-2012, 02:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Why not stop paying on the mortgage, ongoing payments become a no win situation. Your credit score will go down for a time, but, it will recover.

If you stop paying and put the money aside for a security deposit on a new place you will forge ahead. Apply for a place, stop paying the mortgage. If he wants to keep it out of forclosure that is his decision.

This relationship will never come to closure until you let go of him and the house.