Update on son and g.grandaughter

Old 04-27-2012, 04:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update on son and g.grandaughter

Hi friends just checking in. I have so little time anymore. My great-grandaughter is going to be 5 years old in May. We have had her now for 2 years. She has blossomed. She has gone from the bottom of her preschool class to the top in one year. She has gone from having night terrors, screaming, hoarding food and stealing to smiling, singing and dancing all the time.
Teachers cannot believe how far she has come in this past year. We work with her constantly; however, she is really bright and catches on to everything really fast. She even knows all the rules of the road when you're driving.
She is getting ready to enter kindergarden in the fall. She is learning Italian so fast. Wish I were going to be around to watch her grow, but thankful for each day we have.

Now, update on my son. He, as we speak, is on his way to Reno to get married. He is marrying a really nice gal who has been clean for 13 years. She has two children and they love him dearly. It is so pleasant to see him so happy. I waited a lot of years to see this.

He has been working steady since he got out of the rehab. He has been doing everything right. It helps that I quit trying to tell him what to do and let him make his own decisions. Remember, Mr. Dev had been telling me for years to stop dictating his every move.

They come over every Sunday for dinner. They take Trinity out fishing or to the park each week. She loves her Pappa John, and he loves her too.

Still I don't let my guard down. It will probably take a long time before I can breath with a sigh of relief, but for today and this past year plus, it's been good.

Going to attach a photo.

Hugs to you all

Devastated

p.s. Hey Ann, sorry about not being able to use our "prison bridemaids' dresses" LOL
Attached Images
Old 04-27-2012, 05:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Don't know why the photos come out so big!!! Wanted to post one of my son with his "new" family, but yipes, it's so big. Hate my camera as pictures come out so fuzzy. Anyway, posting another photo. Sorry about the huge size. Hope I didn't take up all the room.

Hugs, Devastated
Attached Images
Old 04-27-2012, 05:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What a wonderful share and a beatiful family you have!
TT
Old 04-27-2012, 06:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Ahh, Dev You have gone and made me cry...Good tears though - what a wonderful post. You and Mr Dev truly are angels from above with what you have done with your wonderful great granddaughter - She is so precious. And it is so gratifying to see the love and peace in your son's eyes and the obvious joy among his little family. May you all have lives filled with continuing blessings.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Oh pass those tissues over here, please.....no not because the pictures choked me up but because I will NEVER get to wear my black and white prison striped bridesmaid dress.

Okay, kidding, I LOVE the pictures and must say that precious little girl is growing up. She is an angel and absolutely beautiful and so blessed to have you Dev, and my favourite Italian chef...Mr. Dev.

Your boy looks wonderful and happy too.

Sheesh, if it gets any happier around here, we'll just have to have us a party.

Love you lots, Dev, and so glad all is unfolding so beautifully in your corner of the world.

Hugs from the gal in black and white bunny slippers...they match ya know?
Old 04-27-2012, 06:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

P.S. You simply MUST let me know when he is getting married...I will send some splendid sheets with at least 300 threadcount!!! I know how fussy he is!
Old 04-27-2012, 07:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Hi Dev - I am fairly new and just starting my recovery!

It's so nice to read a happy story for a change. It really put a smile on my face. Today has been a hard day for me, my reality has set in, I am finally letting go. I look forward to a new healthy future but a part of me is still in shock, disbelief and sad.

Many years ago my HS quote was "if endings symbolizes new beginnings, why are the goodbyes so hard." Today, 30 years later, I am still asking myself the same thing.

Anyway, God Bless you and your beautiful family! Your great granddaughter and son are so lucky to have you!
Old 04-27-2012, 09:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Oh my dear, dear, friends, so good to hear from you. Thanks for sharing my joy, and thanks for sharing my sad times too.

Ann, I knew you'd be upset about not being able to wear your black and white striped bridesmaid dress. Pooh,how do you think I feel not being able to wear my black and white striped mother of the groom dress??? Besides that how do you think the warden at SQ feels not hearing from me anymore. I'll bet he has had to get a new phone pal. LOL

We sure shared a lot of tears as well as a lot of laughs didn't we? I'll never forget you all.

My son is getting married tomorrow in Reno. He called me tonight and said he is so nervous he's hands are shaking!! How funny! Well, it's been 30 years since his last marriage.

When I think about how he wanted to get married when he was in prison, omg, what a hoot! You took that scarey moment and turned it into a hilarious event, dresses, shoes, and all. What fun we had picking out those dresses. I don't remember what happened or why the wedding was called off. I'm sure it had something to do with the warden not okaying it.

Remember his parole officer? The one that was crazy for me? The one Mr. Dev said, I should be very careful because he was pretty "fukzy." he had three others since that time...not anymore, he finally finished his parole last December.

Yes, sending the sheets with a good thread count would be perfect. However, he would snub sheets with 300 thread count. They have to be at least 800 or more. That was hysterical wasn't it? "MOM YOU CANNOT BELIEVE HOW BAD THE PILLOWCASE IS, ZERO THREAD COUNT!" It's a wonder I didn't call the warden and complain about that too.

I remember calling the chaplain and asking him to get a message to my son many times. OMG, Mr. Dev would die if he knew the half of it!

Well, just goes to show everyone out there that there is always hope. I pray each day that he continues on this path. One never knows though. We just have to take it one day at a time.

Hugs and big kisses to you all.

Devastated
Old 04-28-2012, 07:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Thanks for the update and the pics Dev. I am so happy for you and your family.
What a lovely family!
Old 04-29-2012, 05:40 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks for the smile today!

You are all in my prayers!

gentle hugs
ke
Old 04-30-2012, 10:29 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

oh Dev ~ you are my hero ~ just when I feel overwhelmed, exhausted and worn out ~ I remember you & I keep going one more day!

Congrats on the wedding ~ so glad to see him (and you!!) doing so well!

PINK HUGS,
Rita
Old 05-11-2012, 03:10 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Dev sending you great big hugs! I am so pleased to hear your son is doing so well! Puts a huge smile on my face!
Old 05-11-2012, 07:55 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Love to see your precious great grandaughter! So glad she is doing so well. Amazing! And your son's is just as amazing. I hope the wedding goes off without a hitch.