Easter Blowout

Old 04-22-2012, 03:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Easter Blowout

Hi All,
I posted on here a while ago. I am the daughter in law of a prescription drug addict. After my MIL went to detox and left after two days.. I decided to no longer participate in her addiction and what it does to me and my family. Easter sunday as well as two days before that I had my in laws in my home to see my twin sons. Both times..my in laws do not say hello etc when I come to the door..the B line for my children..they don't even really acknowledge me they just speak to my husband. Having enough on Easter.. I finally told them both I thought they were rude. I then got blamed for them "not being happy" with their new apartment in my town...(even though they have their old apt) and never moved out of that one..claim I do not let them see my children ( I do just with my husband present) and that I do not answer the phone when my MIL calls. I do not answer her calls and I told her that I would like to co exist since it has been brought to my attention she talks about me everyday at her place of employment. My husband finally supported me in what I had to say. They left in a huff claiming I am the problem and her pill addiction does not exist. My inlaws did not see my children for four months when my MIL was at the height of a pill bender. Just wanted some feedback...how is this all my fault? lol
Old 04-22-2012, 05:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It isn't your fault and I think you know that deep down.

You just might need to hear it from someone else. Well you're hearing it from me. A girl who can find a way to blame ANYTHING on herself...this ISNT YOUR FAULT.

Of course he pill addiction exists. She just doesn't want to admit to it. And those who love her don't either. It's enabling. I've been in both positions. You want to make excuses for the person you love.

You're doing the right thing. Your children can't be exposed to this. It sounds to me like your in laws have a LOT of issues they need to work out. And your husband may not want to see his Mom in that way but it seems he is being honest with himself.

Personally if I were you I wouldn't let my children see that women AT ALL. Grandmother or not, no need for my kids to be exposed to that. They're LUCKY they see them at all, it's no WONDER you want your husband present!

It sounds to me like this women need a reality check. She needs to grow up and realize what he addiction is doing to others. She needs to stop making excuses and stop blaming everyone else. People have probably made that easy for her to do her entire life. She probably isn't used to someone calling her out. Denial is a powerful thing.

You did nothing wrong here. Don't let anyone make you feel otherwise.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks!

I am that person BlueBelle..that blames myself for everyone else's actions. I have to take my power back. I don't feel my boys should see her at all...and to be honest I don't know if she cares all that much about them anyway. Everything is a pawn in her game. She wants to be a grandmother in "theory" I don't think in real life