my wife left me for someone she met in rehab

Old 06-12-2015, 08:11 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

3 years ago

Originally Posted by NoelleR View Post
Y'all do realize that this thread is from three years ago...........right?
Hi NolleR....
Yes 3-years-ago...but it's helping me to read others recent responses and comment...

Blessings
Old 06-14-2015, 10:10 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

see! (time works!)
Old 07-04-2022, 06:50 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

So sorry. I understand your pain.

Just popping on here to say sorry. I am new here and don’t have comforting words or advice they will help as I am in the midst of the exact same situation with fifteen years and a twelve year old daughter he has just walked away from post rehab. He won’t admit there is someone else however our last and only ‘meeting’ suggested so with his distance between us both physically and emotionally. I hope you find peace and joy again. Sleep is hard. Smiling is hard. Seeing forward is often hard. They say it gets easier and I hope that’s true for you, me and everyone going through this.

be well.

Originally Posted by britchick View Post
My wife and I have been together 10+ years, we have two sons. She became a drug addict about three years ago. I stuck with her throughout it all even though I knew she was unfaithful to me, and she sold herself to dealers for drugs. She was in recovery most of last year but recently had a bad relapse.she went to rehab this February end and met someone else there. Within a month they have started living together and she says she no longer wants to be with me. I love my wife very much. We have our problems, including codependency, but I never saw this coming. She won't talk to me now except to say she doesn't want me and is happy now. Is this attraction another high for her? Is she being ruled by her need for instant gratification? Or is this really the end for us? I am heartbroken, I admit I have fallen to pieces, I can't work, sleep,eat or even think straight it hurts so much to lose her.
Old 07-04-2022, 08:44 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gingersmiles View Post
Just popping on here to say sorry. I am new here and don’t have comforting words or advice they will help as I am in the midst of the exact same situation with fifteen years and a twelve year old daughter he has just walked away from post rehab. He won’t admit there is someone else however our last and only ‘meeting’ suggested so with his distance between us both physically and emotionally. I hope you find peace and joy again. Sleep is hard. Smiling is hard. Seeing forward is often hard. They say it gets easier and I hope that’s true for you, me and everyone going through this.

be well.
Welcome, Ginger Smiles, sorry for the difficult situation that beings you here but glad you found us. I hope as you read around you will see lots that you relate to and maybe it will give you a little comfort. Sadly this is not an uncommon situation.

This is a very old thread you are replying on. There is not much traffic in this area of the forum but there is a lot on Friends and Families of Alcoholics forum. It would be well worth your time to have a read around there.

I will get the link and post it below for you. I recall several threads recently about rehab problems.

Again, so sorry for what you are going through.

Friends and Family of Alcoholics - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Last edited by PeacefulWater12; 07-04-2022 at 08:45 AM. Reason: went off to get link