How do I know for sure?

Old 04-18-2012, 06:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How do I know for sure?

Morning everyone, I have a cold and that makes me cranky because who in the world has time for a cold when you are a Mom right?! Also the fact that he texted and emailed last night doesn’t help either. He was saying that he felt down and wanted to talk. I answered a quick text of “No and goodnight”. He left an email telling me that he is doing well and is working. I haven’t answered this. Now my question is when he contacts me like this do I ignore completely? Am I supposed to give him support through this? I get so confused with this part because if he is working towards something positive should I say something encouraging to him? I was a little calm yesterday, making plans to clean the yard for the kids, just following my schedule that helps give me comfort and then this text comes and ruins it! But then I am all guilty because just the other night I was crying about not giving him the help he needed! Good Gravy Folks I am freaking losing it! I have my therapist today so I will see his views but I just need a little something now please. When I read some of the posts here I see that some of you do still keep in contact with them. I honestly have no idea what is right and wrong when it comes to my AH. I haven’t healed that part of me yet that gives me the insight of stay away or go help. So while am still working on that I will count on my friends here to give me the words I need to get through the day. Thank you for anything you can give.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

There's an old adage "give him an inch and he takes a mile". That saying has been around forever (almost..lol). That describes my son....and probably most active addicts. I've finally decided that he needs to work for his inch just like I do.

I hope you feel better soon. Take care of you.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 04-18-2012, 10:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You feel guilty for not being more supportive?
Given you have lost your home, business and declared backruptcy, one would think it should be the other way around. Is he making a meaningful financial contribution to the support of his 3 kids? Ignore the words and pay attention to his actions.

At what point do you and these 3 kids come before his shelfish wants?
Old 04-18-2012, 11:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes you are right and I know it! I just have these freaking brain loss episodes every time I hear from him. It is so pathetic but I have to control them!!!!! I just got back from my therapy session though and I do feel better.