I know it's good but it feels so bad

Old 04-09-2012, 07:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Just Keep Swimming

I know it's good but it feels so bad

A few days ago I posted 'How do I make him leave?' about my AH. Well I must have left it open on the computer because he read it today and packed some of his things and left. I know it's what I wanted but it feels so bad. He said he didn't know where he was going and would probably sleep in his car. I let him go even though every ounce of me wanted to cling to him. I really hope this will be what he needs to finally get help and surrender control. I feel so awful, lonely, and worried. I read the brain chemistry of loved ones sticky. I think I'm going to need to do that multiple times per day to keep from begging him to come back. I just feel so sad.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am kind of going through the same thing right now. It is difficult to finally know its over. Its been about 5 weeks since I broke up with my exA, and I feel like I haven't seen him in years...I know it will get better and easier as time goes by. Just keep posting and know that there is a lot more out there then living like this with someone in active addiction.

Old 04-10-2012, 06:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I don't think it's ever "good" when a relationship is ending or estranged....but sometimes it's necessary. I'm sorry your heart is hurting. I hope you'll try to keep yourself busy and embrace doing some things that you've always wanted to do but couldn't.

Take care of you.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 04-10-2012, 06:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GoldfishSyn View Post
I really hope this will be what he needs to finally get help and surrender control.
May I reframe this, please.

I really hope this will be what you need to finally get help and surrender control.

Back when, I was as sick, if not sicker than my daughter who was an active heroin addict. I say sicker cause I could not blame my reactions on substance.
It came from within.

Living with someone in active addiction is living in Hell-o. I fooled myself that it was not so bad and redefined normal. So much of what I did I did with the intent that it would cause my daughter to hit her bottom and seek recovery. It was the opposite of determining my own bottom- what I was willing to accept because I am worth it.

Your husband is not competent to parent. Can you consider making this your mantra?
Old 04-10-2012, 07:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Just Keep Swimming

Originally Posted by outtolunch View Post
May I reframe this, please.

I really hope this will be what you need to finally get help and surrender control.

Your husband is not competent to parent. Can you consider making this your mantra?
Thank you, you are so right! There I go focusing on him again. Thanks for reeling me in!