Thank you all and on to the next phase

Old 04-08-2012, 04:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thank you all and on to the next phase

I would like to thank everyone who has offered advice, shared experiences or gave a kind word to get me through the day.
My journey since this all came to a breaking point with my son on 10-19-11 has been a experience to say the least. I have grown and learned so much about myself and this board helped greatly with the process. I have added to that classes, lectures and much reading. My son has grown so much within himself. We can only look ahead as individuals and a family, while not forgetting the past as so much was learned. He is on to his next phase of life.
After the Tragedy in Livonia, which I felt so connected with this Mom as our sons were in the same hospital/rehab, I had to re evaluate what I needed to read. Her/his tragedy affected me so greatly, I cried for her and him. I was up at night this past week over the sadness. I felt I can only look ahead now not focus on the substance abuse of hopefully the past.
So thank you all and I love everyone here and wish the best for all. I will ask for everyones prayers that my son continues with his life. I will pray for everyone and their loved ones also.
Peace and farwell.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

sending prayers up for you.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You and your son will be in my prayers.
gentle hugs
ke
Old 04-08-2012, 06:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Best wishes for a very bright future (((ctg)))
Old 07-25-2012, 12:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Update I wish to share

I felt today was a nice day to give an update. My son is healthy, clean since 10-19-11 when the world crashed down on him and us. I hope this gives hope to one or two loved one out there, it is possible to see a sunny day again. Keep the faith.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you so much CTG, I pray for that day for my son too
Hugs
Teresa
Old 07-25-2012, 03:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

CTG, thanks so much for the update. I've thought of you and your son often, and am so grateful to hear a happy ending for a change. I say that knowing the future is always a question mark, but nine months clean is such an accomplishment. The longer he is clean, the stronger he will be in his recovery.

I want you to know that I am now volunteering a couple days a week at that rehab facility that both of our sons experienced. I meet with patients and families as they are going through the admissions process, which (as you know) can take up to three hours or more. The patients and families are scared, stressed, exhausted, overwhelmed - all of the feelings that everyone on this board experiences - and I can't tell you how helpful it has been to me to be able to offer these people comfort, reassurance, and support. I especially relate to the young heroin addicts - 18, 19 years old - who come in with their frightened families, because it was less than six months ago that I sat in those very chairs with my 19-year-old heroin addict. I don't know why, but it is very healing for me to connect with these people and know by their words and expressions that my presence is making a positive difference for them. I often tell them about this website, so I may be single-handedly increasing SR's membership!

Anyway, best wishes for you, your family, and your son. I hope that you will continue to visit from time to time to let us know how things are going. A little positive news is such a good thing, as well as hearing from an old friend.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

SG, you will be a great asset to them! Your compassion will help those coming in, it is sooo scary. When son is 1 year clean and healthy we as a family are making a donation to help someone else in need there.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
The sun still shines

CTG, this is great news. It is stories like yours that give us all hope. It was good to watch your journey and see how clearly you were thinking. You are a good example to me.

I will pray for your son's continued recovery.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:06 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Prayers for you and your son. Thanks be to God!