Nar-Anon Convention was awesome

Old 04-02-2012, 12:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Nar-Anon Convention was awesome

Since I’ve been going to meetings (only about 7 mos.), members have always spoke about how the Nar-Anon conventions were “life changing.” I’m so glad I got to experience how awesome it indeed was.

The NA convention was co-located, so my RAH and I got to go together. He’s been to many conventions. This was the first time that I even considered going to something like that but it really was awesome.

So much E,S and H and recovery energy for the whole weekend! I went to a few of the NA “Big” speakers, and RAH came to a few of mine. We both attended “relationships in recovery” (one put on by NA, and one put on by Nar-Anon)and really enjoyed both. It’s amazing how similar both programs view success in relationships.

We spent a lot of time together, but a lot of time for me, was spent listening to and meeting other Nar-anon members and really seeing what people can achieve and become by working this program.

So many addicts approached me and my RAH separately and told us that they were so happy to see me there and how they wished their family members would participate in a program as well.

Just a great vibe all around, and I highly recommend attending!
Old 04-03-2012, 08:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
TMZ

Witch one was it you went to ? I have been wanting to go to one for nar-anon. they haven't had any close to me. But I might have to travel to the one you went to next year if they have them yearly.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I have been to NA Conventions that had lots for Nar-Anon too for me to attend, probably much like yours but the other way around) and also found it life-changing and inspiring beyond belief.

It's been quite a while but the lessons have stayed with me over the years.

Glad you had such a wonderful time.

Hugs
Old 04-05-2012, 11:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

How awesome!
I have never been to a NA convention - been to several Al-Anon & AA conventions - love them ~
actually I have been asked & have agreed to speak at the LA State Convention in July ~ so if you happen to be in the Lafayette, Louisiana area in July ~ come on by ~ I'll be the one in PINK! lol

PINK HUGS,
Rita
Old 04-05-2012, 03:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

;( dont have a NAR ANON but AL ANONs is coming up in June in TORONTO...cant wait, i am going!