Lost my oldest canine companion last night.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:51 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

My thoughts go out to you. I'm wrestling with this decision for my soon to be 18 year old cat. It stinks.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:55 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Present

Originally Posted by Freedom1990 View Post
She's the grand old red-headed gal with the white face in my signature picture, Miss Shiloh.

Making that decision is the hardest thing I ever have to do with any of my beloved dogs and cats over the years.

But it really is a small price to pay for the years of devotion, love, and sunshine that they bring into my life.

I had 14 wonderful years with her.

Her and Ku'a not quite two years ago when Ku'a was the latest addition.
Oh I understand - better than I wish I did - I know the time of which you speak, when our beloved four-legged's can no longer live "comfortable" lives. When it is a kindness and an act of love to let them move to the Rainbow Bridge. I honor you and send healing and sympathy for your loss.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:03 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

(((freedom)))
dogs leave pawprints on our hearts...
Old 03-31-2012, 11:29 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hi Freedom - thank you for sharing a picture of your puppies with us. She was your baby, family and beloved furry friend. 14 years is a good age for a doggie but I always feel that even that seems too young, you know??

I hope you get lots of love and kisses from your other doggies and that perhaps one day in the future, another lucky pup will be lucky enough to share your life with u and the rest of your family.

Big hugs !!
Old 04-01-2012, 04:39 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Oh DeVon....I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet Shiloh! Many hugs and prayers winging their way to you.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:04 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I am so sorry for the loss of Miss Shiloh. They bring us so much joy and love and it's so hard to let them go.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:51 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Very sorry for your loss. I know how difficult it is to lose a pet. Been there. (((HUGS)))
Old 04-01-2012, 12:42 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Freedom: Big ((((hugs)))) I have discovered what it is to own a dog for the first time in my life. A dog is a treasure.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:55 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Dog Spelled Backwards

I am sorry for your loss.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:25 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

I am truly sorry for your loss, Freedom.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:07 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I'm sooo sorry to hear I took all of my furry companions to my small apartment with me when I moved out of my home with STBXAH. I have a very sick feline - who is my main man (Lewis) - I know he doesn't have a ton of time left either... Whenever I get sad about how STBXAH has turned out, I just think about my Lewis and think how grateful I am to have HIM here with me rather than AH... given the choice, it's a no brainer. I think my Lewis knows he needs to stick around for a bit longer even though he is on borrowed time, as I need him right now and he can't go yet
Old 04-02-2012, 06:54 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

What a lovely long life she has had. She must have been so happy and contented with you and her family.
You did her REAL proud. Well done.

I understand the pain. I've lost a fair few of my pets over the years, and taking them to the vets for the last time has always been absolute AGONY for me. The last time was for my cat who purred the WHOLE time in the vets office (he usually hates the vets). And i take it as a sign that he knew, and he was at peace about it.

Sending you love your way to help you feel better. You'll miss her a lot, and you'll love her forever.
kind hugs,
Limiya
Old 04-02-2012, 08:25 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

I am so very sorry for your loss. It's so painful when we lose a beloved friend. I'll bet she licked many a tear from your face, or gave you so much comfort in times of need. I know my dogs who have passed on did. Rest in peace, Miss Shiloh.