Everyone i no lying

Old 03-28-2012, 03:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Everyone i no lying

Found out today my sister had been using meth with my husband.After she has told me how terrible it is, how its ruined our life. Her boyfriend was addicted also, left her to. Found out he was making it at their house before he left. Am i stupid or what?Didnt suspect a thing. My sister almost died from a brain hemorrage 3 years ago, and has had a stroke . I have been helping her out since then, She has some brain damage, and bad ticks, AND SHES DOING METH,new my husband was doing meth. Oh,i forgot to mention , shes an alcoholic too.I cant even look at her now.I feel like im surround by nothing but liars. When will this nightmare end.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

And the plot thickens! Sorry for the mess that you are involved in.

Keep posting, it will help.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I might humbly suggest that you go to some meetings and start to surround yourself with people who are working a program. Are there any people in recovery you can be around over the next little bit? Naranon or alanon or NA or AA, whichever one's may help. Just a suggestion. 30 meetings in 30 days, that's what I was told. Even if you are not using, 12 step meetings might be helpful for you at this point.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Unhappy Going to meeting

Going to meeting friday.Hes still home, down stairs.All most done with working on house. He hasnt used in two days. Getting crabby, tired and hard to be around. Its just a matter of time before hes gone again. I told him dont come back if he leaves again. i used to be such an independent person, would of never put up with this. But ill be 57 in april , didnt think id be doing this at this time of my life. Thank u guys for all the help
Old 03-29-2012, 06:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jolinda View Post
i used to be such an independent person, would of never put up with this. But ill be 57 in april , didnt think id be doing this at this time of my life.
It's never too late to make big changes in life!

At the ripe old age of 50, I finally enrolled in college full-time to complete my degree.

I had taken college classes here and there over the years while I was raising my two daughters alone.

It was scary for me, and yet I looked forward to it.

I graduated in May of last year with not one, but two associate degrees.

I'll be 54 this May.

You can be that independent person again. I am living proof.

Sending you hugs of support!
Old 03-29-2012, 06:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm so glad to know that you are heading to a meeting on Friday. Keep going back. The meetings often make no sense at first....it takes time and repetition to begin to understand. The meetings and the people there can help you find that wonderful, independent person you use to be. She's still in there.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 03-29-2012, 07:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

kind eyes

You been so supportive,helpfull, and kind. Thank you.Im still getting the hang of this posting thing. Please bear with me. ANY helpful ideas?
Old 03-29-2012, 10:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I wouldn't worry about him leaving, I would think it's a relief him being out of the house.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Unhappy i worry all the time

Iworry when hes here and worry when hes not. Hes not mean to me but always wondering what hes hiding. When hes gone i worry about him getting arrested, hurt,wrecking his car, everything. I got 3 weeks to figure it out , what Jake and i are going to do. I hope this meeting helps me figure this out.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Worrying about things so beyond your control is crazy making stuff.

You have 3 weeks to figure out what you are going to do. Jake's a big boy and can take care of himself. It's time now to take care of yourself.

The meeting is a start of a new journey.