SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   Busy Living Life (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/251050-busy-living-life.html)

zoso77 03-08-2012 07:50 PM

Busy Living Life

Eight weeks ago, my addict/Borderline girlfriend dumped me via text and with a picture of her and the new guy, then confessed to cheating on me throughout our time together.

What do I have to say about it now?

"Thanks for letting me go."

Really. If I know her, she'd be furious if she knew that I was so much happier without her. She'd be indignant. I can honestly say I'm living the life I want to live, with the people that love me and care for me.

I get to travel on business again at the end of this month, and then I get to travel for a month in May. My band gets to play a show next month. These are things to look forward to.

There are new people coming onto the board every day. A lot of them are hurting. For those that are new, please read this carefully:

Yes, your hearts may be broken. You may feel hopeless. Please don't, for as long as there's air in your lungs, there is always hope. You just have to decide that you're worth it. You have to decide that you're going to recover. Read all the posts you can here. Attend Al Anon or Nar Anon meetings. Educate yourself. Be good to yourself. Pray, pray, pray. Accept you're going to have your share of bad days and feel lousy from time to time. Those are only feelings; they won't kill you. Learn how to detach with love from your qualifier, if you are able. If you're angry, that's OK, too; make your best effort to not act out when you are.

Part of my recovery was coming here. And while I'm not going to be here as often, those I've corresponded with and those who I've read but not corresponded with are always in my prayers at night.

I am happy. I am recovering. I am getting stronger. Wow...

ZoSo

December2011 03-09-2012 08:43 PM

I like how you said "thanks for letting me go" Sounds very wise.

Also, I think it is great that you are enjoying life, and looking forward to the future.

Thank you for the kind words of encouragement and prayers.

Have fun with the band. My BF is in band too, he travels a bit because of tours, which gets a little lonely sometimes, but it is always great to "miss him" and appreciate him more when he is here, and have fun with him.

cece1960 03-09-2012 09:01 PM

Every once in a while I read something here that screams to me "listen!" This is one of those times.
Thank you zoso... I needed to read this ;)

Impurrfect 03-09-2012 09:39 PM

(((ZoSo))) - so very happy to hear how you are reclaiming your life! You've come a long way, and I'm really proud of you.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy

KelleyF 03-11-2012 10:39 AM

Zoso

Reading your post brought some clarity for me.

Your working your recovery program and your healing. Your using all the tools in your bag; al-anon, nar-anon... You've been "working" hard!

You are doing for yourself exactly what you prayed your ex would do for herself.

And now your on your way to living a much more joyful life.

I'm so happy for you !!!!
And thank you for being such a good example to ME.

madisonblake 03-19-2012 06:09 PM

Zoso, thank you for posting this. You helped me by posting some replies to my recent situation this week when I needed support with an exAbf who I believe also has a personality disorder. Your words are wise and bring hope that with time and with the right attitude, we will be better. Thank you.

EverHopeful721 03-16-2013 07:46 PM

I'm new here, and after seeing a few of your posts that really resonated with me, I decided to go back and read your story from the beginning, as I've done with others here on SR. I know this post is over a year old, but I have to say, it really touched me and gives me SUCH hope. To see the progress you made in two months, to see how well you handled your AXGF's cruel and hurtful behavior from the beginning - you are truly an inspiration to all of us here on SR, Zoso, from the newbies all the way to those who have been here for years. I'm so happy for you and thank you for helping all of us by sharing your story. :You_Rock_

Momzo 03-16-2013 08:27 PM

Im so happy for you zoso77! I'm in the same boat as you. Work gave me another contract to manage...more responsibility! Yea! I'm feeling better to take it on! Feels good to take your life back. Yes, I feel sad sometimes....but I remind myself why I did what I did and I did it for me. I fought for me!

I love your posts. I hope you continue to keep us updated on your success!

Big hugs to you! Rock on!

Ps...love your led zeppelin pic! I think it's led zeppelin..lol

Ann 03-18-2013 06:47 PM

I am glad your new beginnings are bringing you such blessings, Zoso.

Your post is like a breath of fresh air, there IS hope for everyone...I am so glad you found happiness.

Hugs

Ann 03-18-2013 06:48 PM

P.S. If your band ever needs some Doo-Wop gals, I know the Posse of Mama's here can shake with the best of them. :laughing:

zoso77 03-18-2013 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Momzo (Post 3865671)
Im so happy for you zoso77! I'm in the same boat as you. Work gave me another contract to manage...more responsibility! Yea! I'm feeling better to take it on! Feels good to take your life back. Yes, I feel sad sometimes....but I remind myself why I did what I did and I did it for me. I fought for me!

I love your posts. I hope you continue to keep us updated on your success!

Big hugs to you! Rock on!

Ps...love your led zeppelin pic! I think it's led zeppelin..lol

Yeah. Jimmy Page, 1977...so if you take his symbol and append a 77 to the end of it, what do you get? :)

Best,
ZoSo

Lara 03-19-2013 06:33 AM

You get a 'Z'