ok....codie event tonight

Old 12-26-2012, 02:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

ok....codie event tonight

As I was reading LovesMeNot's thread and remembered all the codie trips we used to go on I realized that ya'll might like to go with me tonight on an adventure.

I am going to a "meet up" by the Charlotte Conscious Dance community. They are going to "trance dance" to meditative drumming. AND THE BEST PART is that you do it blindfolded!!!!!!!

My friend and I thought it would be fun to try something that took us completely out of our box. Think that we found it....does anyone else want to go?????

Actually, it makes sense....you are supposed to dance more freely if you don't think you are being seen. But what if someone peeks??????
Old 12-26-2012, 02:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by lightseeker View Post
As I was reading LovesMeNot's thread and remembered all the codie trips we used to go on I realized that ya'll might like to go with me tonight on an adventure.

I am going to a "meet up" by the Charlotte Conscious Dance community. They are going to "trance dance" to meditative drumming. AND THE BEST PART is that you do it blindfolded!!!!!!!

My friend and I thought it would be fun to try something that took us completely out of our box. Think that we found it....does anyone else want to go?????

Actually, it makes sense....you are supposed to dance more freely if you don't think you are being seen. But what if someone peeks??????
Oh I am in! Sounds like a fun night. But what are you going to wear? Can I dance in the nude? Trust me, no one will want to peek after that. Codies helping codies dance with freedom
Old 12-26-2012, 03:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by LoveMeNow View Post
Can I dance in the nude? Trust me, no one will want to peek after that.
Shameless hussy!

Old 12-26-2012, 03:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

If the "Trance Dance" is like the "Chicken Dance"...I am in, I am a pro in the "Chicken Dance" arena...clothed or otherwise!
Old 12-26-2012, 03:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Okay, I'm dancin' the night away...
Old 12-26-2012, 03:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

My Dear Sweet Ann,

I just trying to make sure no one peeks. It is a selfless act in my attempts to control the outcome of others having a great time.

I don't enjoy dancing in the nude one bit but I am willing to scarifice my own moral standards for the good of others.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

^^

*what did she say?*
Old 12-26-2012, 03:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I swear I'm NOT looking!
Old 12-26-2012, 03:59 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I have to go put visine in my eyes, just the mental image of Dolly doing the chicken dance makes my eyes cross.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I have always danced fully clothed so I just want to try something new. This is this what you meant by nothing changes, if nothing changes, isn't it??

P.S. I even shaved my legs for my big night out.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm in but my clothes are ON.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:43 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

you guys are totally cracking me up! I didn't peek but BOY did I want to. If trance dancing blindfolded with a live drummer ever comes to your neck of the woods then I say go.....it was pretty awesome.

My quest these days has been to feel more alive and let me tell you - that hit the mark.

I have to admit I did sorta kinda peek one time and I swear that I saw LoveMeNow in her birthday suit and then there was one lady sort of strucking around like she was a chicken or something! I guess that might have been Dolly. I did also see some pink bunny slippers parked at the door. And a pink hummer WAS in the parking lot. HMMMM
Old 12-26-2012, 08:05 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by lightseeker View Post
you guys are totally cracking me up! I didn't peek but BOY did I want to. If trance dancing blindfolded with a live drummer ever comes to your neck of the woods then I say go.....it was pretty awesome.

My quest these days has been to feel more alive and let me tell you - that hit the mark.

I have to admit I did sorta kinda peek one time and I swear that I saw LoveMeNow in her birthday suit and then there was one lady sort of strucking around like she was a chicken or something! I guess that might have been Dolly. I did also see some pink bunny slippers parked at the door. And a pink hummer WAS in the parking lot. HMMMM

YOU peeked!!!

Glad you felt more alive tonight. I know I felt free as the wind blowing too!
....and I don't know who left their gum wrappers in the hummer but IT WILL BE THE LAST TIME I CLEAN UP AFTER YOU.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:33 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Only one thing in this life is certain:

(drum roll,prepare for life-changing wisdom!)

..........no matter what they say..............they peek!
Old 12-27-2012, 04:47 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

"I have to go put visine in my eyes, just the mental image of Dolly doing the chicken dance makes my eyes cross. "

Oh Yeah, you just wait till you see me on the new hit show "Dancing With The Roosters"!
I'll be the one with the big Kardashian like tail feather! Hmmp, when I take home the coveted seed covered rooster statue you'll be jealous.....Real jealous!

PS...Ok, Ok, it was me...I was the one in the chicken suit...have to practice somewhere!
Old 12-27-2012, 05:28 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Oh yeah??!!??!!

Try doing the mambo in bunny slippers!! Mama likes mambo...*kick*...woops!! Ducks when Dolly flings slipper back!!

Oh lightseeker, I'm sorry for funnin' your thread, it all sounds like a lovely experience and truly I would try it sometime.

Hope you're not sorry you invited us to come along.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:19 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Vale, could you do a small rain dance I like dancing in the rain and it would also help LMN, because she could dance and shower at the same time.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:12 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I missed the trace dance!? Aww nuts. I'm definitely in for the next outing. I'll go anywhere, anywhere at all, under one condition: you must address me by my code name Bonanza Jellybean.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:26 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by interrupted View Post
I missed the trace dance!? Aww nuts. I'm definitely in for the next outing. I'll go anywhere, anywhere at all, under one condition: you must address me by my code name Bonanza Jellybean.
Wait, I am so confused!! Is that an ultimatum or personal boundary? Because we don't do ultamatuims.....we just give them! :Lao
Old 12-27-2012, 07:30 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by dollydo View Post
"I have to go put visine in my eyes, just the mental image of Dolly doing the chicken dance makes my eyes cross. "

Oh Yeah, you just wait till you see me on the new hit show "Dancing With The Roosters"!
I'll be the one with the big Kardashian like tail feather! Hmmp, when I take home the coveted seed covered rooster statue you'll be jealous.....Real jealous!

PS...Ok, Ok, it was me...I was the one in the chicken suit...have to practice somewhere!

When you win that statue, I wont be jealous....but I will be very proud of you because my own ego tells me somehow I am responsible for OUR win.