Update on son and family

Old 02-29-2012, 05:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update on son and family

Hi friends it's been forever since I've had a chance to get back together with ya'll.

Ok, here it is the update on my son.

Remember he got out of the second rehab in September. He loved that place and at one point he wanted to continue to stay there as their handyman, but later thought this was not a normal life so went into a sober living enviroment apartment. He had two older men as roomates. He got a job right away and later met a gal at one of the meetings.

Ok, they are now together planning on getting married. He left the SLE because the roomates were not as neat as he would like (remember he was the one that couldn't stand the pillowcase in SQ because the thread count was so poor) LOL

He is still working, still with the gal, and loving life. He is off parole now!! After 6 years of constant parole, he finally finished it without re-offending!! In short, life has been pleasant for us knowing I'm still alive to see him in recovery. I still pray every day that this will not end! You know how many times I've gotten excited just to be dissappointed.

Ok, now about the baby great-grandaughter. She is darling! We can't go anywhere without someone stoping me and telling her how cute she is. When they walk away, I say to her "you know they were talking about me right?" She says, "yes Nanna I know!" So darn cute. You should see her impersonation of me putting on my jeans it is hysterical!!

Ok, her mom and dad both landed in the slammer again.

That's it folks, I'm going to attach a recent photo of our little girl. Tell me she isn't darling. She already has a better vocabulary than her parents and she is only 4.

Love you all, miss you.

Hugs, Devastated
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSC00386.jpg (27.2 KB, 127 views)
Old 02-29-2012, 05:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Dev))) - she is beautiful!!! I'm really glad your son is doing well, he and the rest of you remain in my prayers.

Do ya think you can post a video of her impersonation of you putting on your jeans?

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 02-29-2012, 06:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great post! It's always good to hear some positive things. Your granddaughter is a treasure!
Old 02-29-2012, 06:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

She's beautiful! You are blessed to have her in your family. I am glad to hear that your son is doing well. I know it is good just to know that he is safe right now. Take care!
Old 02-29-2012, 06:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Awww, Dev, she just gets more beautiful each time I see her. What a lovely girl and we may not have a video of you putting on jeans...but I hafta tell you that the mental image alone has me cracking up.

I am so happy that your son is doing so well. Sure, we always have that "tomorrow" question in our minds, but think about it...if the good lord wanted us to know what tomorrow would hold, then we wouldn't need faith...and what's life without a little faith? Enjoy all the "todays", that's all any of us have anyway, just one day at a time to live life well and fill it with joy...that's perhaps why you were sent that precious great-granddaughter, to fill your days with joy. See? It's all worked out, you just need to show up and let life happen.

Keep those pictures coming, and give her a huge hug from her Auntie Ann from Canada.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What a lucky little girl!
Old 02-29-2012, 07:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Oh, your post gave me a smile. so good to hear a positive post and to hear you sounding so happy..not to mention the beautiful little darling you have. What a joy she must be for you. Enjoy. Savor the moments. You deserve it.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks my friends for all your comments and always your support.

The little darling has her moments, but is really a good child. I am very consistant with discipline this time around. If I say something I follow through, and she is now a believer. In fact, she will automatically sit in the naughty chair (if she was promised that while we were out) when we get home.
I showed her photos of before & after drug users. She said "I don't want to do drugs 'cause a princess needs her teeth." LOL Aren't they fun?? So honest. The other day at the store a lady, who was extremely heavy, was by us picking up oranges. Trinity said, "you're fat you need to go on a diet!" I felt horrible! I apologized. Took her aside and told her those are very hurtful words and she must not say things that hurt people. She said "sorry nanna" then we went to get a cookie (they give cookies to the children) when the lady gave her a cookie. she said "you're old" thank you! OMG, we went home and had a long talk. LOL
It's always a challenge! LOL I am bound and determined to get it right this time!

Hugs, Devastated
Old 03-01-2012, 09:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Originally Posted by devastated View Post
It's always a challenge! LOL I am bound and determined to get it right this time!
Oh Dev!!

I can so relate to that ~ Our little 7 yr old is growing so much and I keep praying that same prayer "Dear God, please help me to do better this time around!"

Your great granddaughter is precious and beautiful! It's hard to discipline - somedays I feel like all I ever do is say "No", but I remember it's because we love them enough to give guidelines!

I share with mine that we are team and no matter what Team PINK will get thru this together ~ so I'm sure Team Dev is going to get thru this stuff just fine too!

PINK HUGS
Rita
Old 03-01-2012, 10:08 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Being new to SR, I hadn't heard your story, but it gives me hope as I, too, have an AS, and I have an almost 4 year old granddaughter. Unfortunately I do not get to see my precious granddaughter very much due to her addict mother, but she looks amazingly like your little great-granddaughter. What precious gifts they are!! Enjoy every second of this wonderful time, and thank you for giving me hope today.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:35 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Kuan:

My story is a long one. Been waiting for years to see this day. Still, I cannot relax yet, but count my blessing each day.

As far as your grandaughter is concerned, if her mom and dad are both doing drugs, it won't be long before they will get caught at something and you will end up with the child, if you want.

In my case, I was really bored after we moved and I went around saying, "oh, I wish I had a child to take care of (part time) guess God didn't hear the "part time" 'cause I got one full time. LOL

Hang in there, Devastated
Old 03-01-2012, 05:20 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

C'mon, Dev, share the video of her mime talents!!!!!

huge grin.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:16 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Wow...that picture just made me smile. So hard to believe her parents choices but you get the blessings!
Old 03-02-2012, 07:53 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hello Everyone:

Sure was nice hearing from you all. It's not often I have time to get here. It's the parent meetings at school that kill me! Just the other day we had a meeting at school. I wanted to ask a question, and had my hand up, by the time the teacher got to me, I had forgotten the question! LOL Told her you have to catch me while the thought is still there. All the young mammas look at me like I'm nuts!

Anyway, sure I'm busy these days.

I think of you all the time.

As far as the video of me putting on those jeans, let me tell you, it's not a pretty sight! LOL

Hugs, Devastated
Old 03-02-2012, 02:13 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
cmc

Hey Dev! It was so nice to hear from you and that little one is adorable. I'm so happy that your life is filled with such joy & happiness. You deserve it.