Escalating violence

Old 02-21-2012, 08:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Escalating violence

Never ever underestimate or ignore threats from an active drug addict.

My RAD's former ABF has been stalking her and her friends, on and off since his last stint in jail. Tonight he blindsided and attacked one of her friends in the parking lot of her apartment complex. Her friend is being life flighted right now, to the trauma center west of our town. He has a cracked skull and his brain is hemorrhaging.

Like many here, my daughter has PTSD and sometimes shuts down when facing more trauma. She called me tonight asking my advice, if she should take her friend to the local ER. When she described his symptoms, I was shouting GO NOW!!! and thank God she did.

Please say a prayer for her friend, if you have any to spare.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Never underestimate threats from anyone in general :/ if people have the rage to say it, they probably have the rage to act on it. Best wishes; I hope all turns out well.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Many prayers to your daughters friend for a full and speedy recovery.

And many prayers that the former ABF goes directly to jail.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you, and hopeful you're absolutely right.

My daughter just called me, she's heading to the other hospital now after staying behind and talking with the police. She's going to spend the night there with him and will call me with an update in a little bit.

YearForMe, I'm praying for the same thing as well, though he'll end up in prison this time (3 strikes and he's currently on probation). It's where he needs to be.

I'm sitting here wishing there was something more I could do to help, and the best I can come up with is to just listen to my daughter when she needs to talk. I think I'll go visit the friend's mom tomorrow, too. I'm sure she'll need a hug. She's about to lose her business and home and I imagine she's reeling right now.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Take good care of yourself, Chino, and most of all take good care of your daughter, just with love. She may feel like a little child right now. I would. Violence is so terrible. Both of you needs comfort and peace now.

I pray the innocent young man is spared.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

My prayers go out too, Chino, for this young man and for your daughter.

Rage is anger out of control, stalking is far more dangerous that "just following someone around". We need to get the message out to vulnerable people and to law enforcement agencies.

How very very sad that it came to this. I pray the outcome is less sad.

Hugs
Old 02-22-2012, 04:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Add my prayers for healing for your daughter's friend and prayers of love and support for your daughter, you and all who care for her young friend.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

((Chino)) - Hoping this guy makes a quick recovery. Thank you for posting. Please take care of yourself as well.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:10 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'll be thinking about you guys today. Good luck with everything.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

This breaks my heart! Sending out prayers for your daughter, her friend and his mother!
Old 02-22-2012, 08:53 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

CO, she mentioned last night she has an appt with her therapist tomorrow and will need it. She said her friend is in the same bed in the trauma unit that she was a few years ago, and now they've both been life flighted, too. Her friend sat by her side back then, and now she's doing the same for him. She said it was a very eerie feeling.

Jason, I thought about you last night. The ex ABF sucker punched her friend in the temple, wearing a big ring on purpose because he doesn't normally wear jewelry. Her friend was knocked out cold, then his head bounced off the pavement. I know you understand what he's going through more than anyone.

The last message I got from my daughter was at 5am this morning. He was still in the trauma unit and they were about to do another scan. His official diagnosis is an epidural hemorrhage with fractured skull. I haven't heard back from her yet, so I'm praying they're both resting.

I spoke with his Mom a little while ago and she said they did several CT scans through the night. As far as I know right now, the hemorrhage isn't better or worse.

I called my husband a few minutes ago and finally filled him in. He's as disgusted and freaked out as everyone else. I asked him to go by the hospital and visit our daughter if he's able. I'll probably head that way myself later today, just to give her a hug.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:14 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

((((chino))))

this is just horrifying, so sorry. I am praying for healing for all involved. peace.

Leslie
Old 02-22-2012, 10:24 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

So did they arrest the freak that did this?
Old 02-22-2012, 04:10 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry. Another nightmare in action. I HATE DRUGS!!!
May God protect your daughter and her friend, and yes, it's difficult, but I hope God also works in the life of the jerk that did this.
I care.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:25 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Sounds like it's going to be a long recovery for him...especially if they have to go in and fix it like they did for me (even though mine was not a result of a fight), but hopefully soon his wits will be about him and he'll be well on his way to health.

Her XABF sounds exactly like my mom's fiance. I too thought of him when reading your post this morning. Hot headed and nothing to do but fight. I know you know the scuffles I've had with the guy, jeez. We need less people like them in this world!! That guy will get what he deserves, rest assured. I highly suggest your daughter get a restraining order...I did against my mom's fiance (and just recently against my mom too it looks like). Definitely keeps the wild ones at bay.

I'm glad you are going to see your daughter, I really hope there is some good news coming... both of you must be worn out!
Old 02-22-2012, 04:27 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Double.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:21 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I'll be praying for your daughters friend as well. I'm so sorry that this has happened. Your daughter is lucky to have you there supporting her through this.

((hugs))
Old 02-22-2012, 05:39 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

(((Chino))) - I'm so sorry I missed this earlier. You and your family are always in my prayers, but I will send up lots of extras for your daughter's friend.

I'm glad he was life-lighted, that means they got to him QUICK. What he's going through used to be my "specialty" in nursing, so pm or call me if you want to.

Love, hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 02-22-2012, 05:53 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Thank you for the update, Chino! Prayers still going out for this young man and all who love him.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:02 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

Chino, my prayers are with you and your daughter and her friend. How horrible and senseless. I do hope the police have him in custody.