just when I thought he was doing much better, he screws up

Old 02-16-2012, 08:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

just when I thought he was doing much better, he screws up

so my friend had been working and renting a place with a couple guys for a couple months. then now he's in jail again, guilty as charged for a petty crime not related to drugs. I hope his employer doesn't fire him.

I was thinking of covering his rent while hes in jail then decided not to after talking to his landlord and one of his friends, I don't want to be legally responsible for his stuff and any drugs that might be in the room. I denied it to the landlord about it and one of his friends suspects it and I didn't want to squeal on him.

So, its in his family's hands now about his rent and stuff. A little p'od that he's in this situation when I thought things seemed to be going better for him.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yep -- that's why we call it a roller coaster.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The only problem I have with people calling it a roller coaster is that in my experience, I always have that "crap, I wanna get off!" moment right before the drop. But at that point there's no stop button so you just hold on, brace yourself, and before you know it, its over. With addiction, neither is true. A. there's infinite tracks/drops, so its NEVER over. but B. You can get off whenever it is you choose to.

Sorry you're feeling that familiar sad disappointment feeling I'm sure we've all come to know so well.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Going through the same with my adult son! After seeing and talking to him for a full year I was so extremely let down when he relasped.

He is in a relationship from hell with a controlling, extremely jealous person that has helped him to lose friends and family (not so sure that he didn't need to lose the friends lol). I had to call the police to stop the harrassment. She is in detox and he is on the streets (as far as I know). Hopefully this is rock bottom for him, I don't know how much farther he can fall.

I think it is a wise choice for you to step back. Have a great day.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SarahBear View Post

then now he's in jail again, guilty as charged for a petty crime not related to drugs.
He's a criminal, regardless if it's drug related or not.

What 's in this for you?