Al-Anon

Old 02-06-2012, 03:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Al-Anon

I just wanted to share how amazing it was to finally speak and share at a meeting. Up until yesterday i had been very quietly listening and digesting and certainly gaining a sense of strength, validation and empowerment by attending my own meetings. But i wasn't ready to share, until now. I knew on my way there that i HAD to. Because what happened over the weekend was just too much for me on my own. I had a phone list from previous meetings, but i hadn't had a conversation with anyone directly and i knew i wouldn't have the balls to call for support unless i reached out to make a personal connection. I shook and cried, i sweated straight through my clothes...but i did it!

And what happened at the end of the meeting was such an amazing gift...people gathered around me, thanked me, acknowledged my bravery, offered their phone numbers, shared their stories, and hugged me...it was incredible.

And so, to anyone who hasn't, or is on the fence about going or continuing to go - please do. You deserve it. <3
Old 02-06-2012, 04:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Thank you for sharing this.

I too was in a desperate state when I went to my first meeting. For the first three meetings I could only cry. But I listened, and I saw something that others there had that I wanted. Meetings literally saved my life.

I too encourage anyone who can to go see for themselves if meetings can help you as much as they helped many of us.

Hugs
Old 02-06-2012, 05:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
TMZ

Your so right !

Although the stories I here at my meetings are sad, I learn from others and gain courage.
I always leave the meetings feeling good. They have became like a second family to me now.

Thanks for sharing.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

So glad you enjoy the meeting!

I have been a member of my home group since 09/03/2003 ~ it truly SAVED my life!

PINK HUGS!