"Just forget you have a son"

Old 02-06-2012, 03:21 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

That describes my son to a T!
Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
It's amazing how much thought they put into trying to con someone out of money. If they'd put that brain power to work in some positive areas, there's no telling how well they could do. It just amazes me that some people work so hard to screw up.

Hang in there, hon. We're with you on this. You can vent here any time and there will be someone who understands.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:24 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I agree I had to fake it just to work long enough for retirement! I am now getting angry and it helps because I can tune it out sometimes!
Originally Posted by Ann View Post
Washbe, my heart hurts for you that you couldn't just enjoy the wedding and have some fun instead of worrying about your son. I've been there, I know that we may fake it well, but we hurt inside and our minds go a zillion miles an hour with the "what if's". I lost so many special occasions because I couldn't focus on the moment but instead lived in fear of the future.

I think you are doing well, you're getting the hang of this and I think that the more you practice, the better you will get.

What would happen if you declared a "Washbe Day" or better yet a "Washbe Week", where you got to just focus on you and anything else and let your son and God sort out his life? What would happen if you turned off the phone, didn't peek at the texts, and just lived your life for a day?

I know that sounds like a big challenge, but sweetie maybe just give one day a try and see how that works...you are worth it and I hereby declare tomorrow "International Washbe Day" because the world here is cheering you on.

Big hugs from one mama's heart to anothers.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:27 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

so incredibly sad but I am getting to that point with my son... he is homeless now and I am so tired of the drama and trouble, not to even add in the stress!
Originally Posted by lillie6 View Post
I know how much it hurts. You are smiling on the outside whilst your heart is breaking. I am in the same situation with my brother. When I see other families I wonder why ours was not the same. However, my brother chose his path in life. My parents were enablers, tho wonderful people. He needed tough love, but instead they gave into him at every turn. They are gone now and he is living off of others, who he charms for awhile. I miss him very much, but cannot have him in my life because of the chaos he brings with him. I have my family to think of. Just know that others have been where you are. I am thinking of you and praying for you. Try to enjoy your life, you deserve it.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:29 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I feel the same about my son, they know how to get to us!!!
Originally Posted by washbe2 View Post
I like that idea, Ann. No one else has to celebrate it, but tomorrow I will turn off my phone and not turn it on for 24 hours. Hold me accountable. Kick me with your bunny slippers. (I'm so glad you still have them.)

My phone is off now, but not after a dozen or so texts and voice messages of threats to harm self or possibly someone else, fears, pleading, cursing. Said had been in a fight already and the guy was going to be back and one of them would be harmed. I wouldn't answer, so he called the home phone, my husband's cell phone and my mom. That's what happens when I don't answer.

I have contacted a counseling center and am expecting a call back tomorrow to set up appointment. I want to feel relaxed and content without stress and want that for all of you. Pray for my son. He is so pitiful. It's sad.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:32 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

my son is also homeless and I try so very hard to remember and believe:
His Life - His Choice
Originally Posted by Kindeyes View Post
I'm so sorry that you're dealing with this. It is hard but you're doing ok.

I've never had a loved one in Iraq or Afganistan and I can't imagine the worry that people experience when their sons or daughters are in a foreign country I harms way. But I imagine that they have to reach a point of acceptance. Acceptance that something bad could happen.

That's what I think about sometimes when my son is out there....homeless.....doing things that I know put him in harms way. It's like he's in a war zone. And something bad could happen to him. I let go and trust his HP to keep him out of harms way. There's an acceptance that he could die but I won't dwell on that.

My son still takes runs at me occasionally like your son is doing. Sometimes I do really well and other times I'm a mess. We're all doing the best we can and we're all doing what our mother's hearts can handle. There is no perfect way to do this. We just try to the best we can one day at a time.

Glad to hear that you're seeking counseling. That helped me a lot. And good for you for having a day just for you. As you can, try to have a day just for you a little more often. It helps.

You and your son are in my prayers.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 02-06-2012, 04:13 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Just chiming in to offer my support in your very difficult situation. It is so interesting how the Mother-Son stories we all have are so identical! Just know, your boundaries need clarity and commitment. Do what you must for your health and happiness and eventually, your son will understand he cannot manipulate you any more. I am sure all of us on this post have heard those words before. He is threatening you by the potential of either self harm or someone else harming him.