Dont know what to feel

Old 01-13-2012, 08:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dont know what to feel

Just thought id post and get this off my chest,

for those that dont know ill retell my story quickly, my son has been struggling with drugs going on 3 years , first experimenting and that last year has gotten really bad, been to rehab 30 day intreatment just came out, now and this if the funny thing id like to share , a few days after he got out he went and got himself a tattoo , he has a couple of them already hes a big fan Im not so crazy about them but i dont interfere hes old enough , so the new tattoo is on the inside of his wrist and he got my name, he asked me how i felt about it and i didnt know what to say honeslty , he really hasnt told me why he would get my name so i dont know what it means to him. It sort of upsets me but i havent told him that, i mean does he think getting a tattoo magically erases all the **** he has done ????, that it would make me just forgive and forget, yeah right....and so the roller coaster ride continues ...thanks for listening
Old 01-13-2012, 09:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You know, his arm , his tat and all that. You might inquire what it means to him.

Immaturity causes lots of people ( not just addicts) to make silly token expressions, with the expectation of forgiveness.

Forgiveness takes us on the long journey of healing ourselves.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Since you don't know how he feels about the tattoo, or what exactly it means to him (which could be nothing more than an expression of his love for you), don't jump to the conclusion he's expecting forgiveness at this point.

I have tattoos, each of which has a special meaning to me, and me only.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I do not understand any of my sons tattoos. I know they each however mean something to each son. Same as the personal reason your son has for his, whatever that may be. I guess after all you have been through (and your son), if that is the worst thing today maybe that is good.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hello, my son got his younger brothers initials whilst he was in jail. The are on the top part of his wrist. That is the only tat he has, and he stated it was a sign of love and loyalty.