My wife is gone

Old 01-09-2012, 03:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My wife is gone

I have been reading the posts by others and it is starting to get better. I am going to my first al anon meeting tomorrow to get a sponsor. I am an addict and alcoholic and have been in recovery for 5 mos. I left her to get sober. I couldn't do it living in the same home. I have discovered that since I left she has become an exotic dancer ( she lost her job and got desperate). She has a lover (addict also) that she is madly in love with and she is a supplier of opiate pain pills in our home town. I have become closer to my higher power through all of this and I do not drink or do drugs any more. She seems to hate me for this. Her lover has a girlfriend (he was cheating on) that communicates with me. As of yesterday I have resolved to cut off all communications with them all. It is my way of detatching myself rom the situation. As I type this it is almost 24 hours since the last contact. I am taking my aa books, meditations and prayers and putting her in place of the alcohol and drugs. It worked for today. I am looking forward to the next 24 hours, the next, then the next. Since I confronted her about my findings she has become very distant. I was meddling, I know. I have to let her go. 18 years is a long time and we were best friends. I will not support her addiction, I will not condone so she has moved on. She denies the affair but it is true. He has come clean to his girl. He wants his girl, she will not take him back. She is clean also. Wow, what a messed up world we live in. I feel like I am in the middle of a bad dream and can't wake up. I am a strong person. I will overcome this. Thanks to everyone for the tough love and advice.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Where is your daughter now?
Old 01-09-2012, 05:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

with her at her moms. she has a built in babysitter now, I am glad that they are there. at least I know grandma will watch my daughter til i can get something done.