advice on detox

Old 01-02-2012, 03:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
needofhelp

Smile advice on detox

Could anyone please give me some information on detox of a loved one. My boyfriend has been in the hospital ICU going on 4 days now and still is combative and doesn't know what is going on. They have him sedatated and shackled to the bed since he has been violent. He is normaly the sweetest guy and I have never witnessed such a bad, hurtful experience ever. Security was called 7 times a nurse was punched, and I and all the staff was in a cult. can anyone tell me if he will remeber this or give me any helpful advice. I would really appreciate any advice anyone may give me.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What is he detoxing from?
Old 01-02-2012, 03:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What is he detoxing from?
Old 01-03-2012, 04:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My AS was in ICU for only two days. Does he remember the entire Meth/Vike and two more Event. Some.
My hope is that after ICU,he is sent right to a Rehab hopsital or inhouse . He and you will need it. Sadly my son was not, he was sent home and given Therapy numbers to call. He needed so so much more. 65 days later that is where he ended up thank goodness. Everyone was upset that the Hospital did not send him right to the Rehab hospital. There is one of the best places in Michigan not far from you to the east. Search the net and you will find it please. Get an emergency referal Please from the hospital.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Detox from different drugs is different. This is why you were asked what he is detoxing from.

Here's the good news. He's in the hospital and he is being treated by professionals. That is where he should be if his detox is this volitile.

Time will reveal more. Be patient.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 01-03-2012, 08:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

No telling what he will remember. No telling what will happen next. Plenty of addicts walk out of detox with one goal; score and get high.

Detox is the easy part.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

If he's detoxing from alcohol or benzo type drugs than delusions are quite common for serious abusers. He is in the best place right now though.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Let the hospital deal with the detox. They know what they are doing and he is the safest place he could be for going through this.