Proud of Myself!

Old 01-01-2012, 12:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Proud of Myself!

So as everyone knows, yesterday was the new year's eve. And even though I told myself that it was really just another day, I couldn't help but to feel down that I was not sharing it with my RAXBF. I just love any holiday and the celebrations that go along with them. Plus, it didn't help either that I chose that day to put anyway all our old pictures.

I was feeling the urge to text my RAXBF and wish him a happy new year. It is so hard to go from talking to a person nearly every single day for 6.5 years to not talking at all. BUT, I knew having no contact was really the best decision we made and I'm happy to stay I did NOT text him at all!

This morning I woke up to the new year feeling calmer and more level headed than the day before. It is such a good feeling. I know that there are going to be more times that I feel sad and lonely, but for now, I'm glad things are looking at little better.

I usually make a ton of new year resolutions, but for 2012, I only have one: to focus on bettering ME! I hope everyone had a wonderful night last night and thank you so much again for all the stories, love, and wisdom. Here is to a fabulous and healthy 2012!
Old 01-01-2012, 12:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good on ya! I feel better after reading your post! Happy New Year.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((brit))) - good for you!! It's amazing when the "calm" hits, when we're used to so much chaos, and I've gotten pretty protective over that feeling

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 01-02-2012, 01:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I usually make a ton of new year resolutions, but for 2012, I only have one: to focus on bettering ME!
That's a wonderful resolution.....you're worth it.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 01-03-2012, 10:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Brit, I am in the same boat as you....after 6 and a half years, I asked my ABF to leave our home. Not sure what will eventually happen, but I know whatever is meant to be, will be and the most important thing is ME. It is hard, though. I will have a good day and then a couple of bad ones. But I am so grateful for those moments of calm and peace that do occur througout all this pain. I KNOW I will be ok and so will you.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi SuzyMarie! Thanks for your kind words! Like you, I'll have a great day, and then a few not so great days. Then there are those days where you feel all OVER the place! I went to Al Anon for the first time today and learned how much power little slogans can give us. For me, I've been relying on the mantras "Whatever is meant to be will be" and "Let go and let God."

I don't how long you and your ex have been seperated, but for me it has only been for 2 weeks, so I know that soon it will get a lot better. Just keep your head held high and focus on YOU! That's really all you can do in these situations.

Good luck and love sent your way! =)