New here. Introducing myself

Old 12-31-2011, 08:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New here. Introducing myself

My Fiancé is a active addict and I am hoping to be able to share some of my experiences that I have had and to also gain some support from this forum in regards to the difficulties have I have faced.

I plan on reading a fair amount of the information in the threads, though soon enough I will probably post a thread of my own. That way I can feel like I am able to unload some of the heartaches that I have and get some healthy responses from people who can share their wisdom, experiences and hope.

Thanks to all in advance.

Beets
Old 12-31-2011, 08:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR - glad you found the forum. Loads of help here so hope you will keep reading and posting.

~Hanna
Old 12-31-2011, 08:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR - glad you found the forum. Loads of help here so hope you will keep reading and posting.

~Hanna
Old 12-31-2011, 09:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Beets!! Welcome to SR! It's an awesome place!
Old 12-31-2011, 12:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome! I am new here, too. I have posted some but mostly I have been reading through all these posts and it has actually helped me a lot so far. It is comforting to be in a place where people understand.
Old 12-31-2011, 12:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am new here

Hi I am a mother of a heroin addict and I am taking care of my daughters three young children and I dont have anyone to talk to in my area. I also work full time and I just dont have time to go to meetings and I usually get up at night worried about my daughter and I thats when I need someone to talk to
Old 12-31-2011, 01:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi, Beets! Welcome to SR! My RABF (recovering addict boyfriend) was addicted to pain pills. My mother is a drug addict, and my father is a drug addict/alcoholic. My step-daughter is a (recovery?) heroin addict.

I know that sounds like a long list, but this site has really healped me learn how to take care of myself and how to work on my issues with codepency. It's helped me learn about setting boundaries and about realizing that I am not the cause of other people's addictions.
Old 12-31-2011, 01:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Old 12-31-2011, 01:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome Beets!!
Old 12-31-2011, 01:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi beets, I am new here as well and I too have a fiance that is an addict and I haven't posted much at all but I have been doing a lot of reading and there are so many helpful things here. Its very comforting to know that ur not alone, Welcome
Old 12-31-2011, 01:58 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Beets and welcome! No matter who the addict is in our lives, SR has experience, support and help for us. I love the unity and the spirit of hope for our loved ones along with the extremely helpful advice which has made a profound difference for me in dealing with my recovering addict son. You will find strength and knowledge which is critical when choosing to deal with an addiction issue.
Hugs and Happy New Year!
Teresa
Old 01-02-2012, 03:25 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Wow. It's good to see all the welcomings...if that is even a word. I have been away from the computer for a few days...so it's good to be back. Thanks to all who replied and I hope all is well.