New Year wishes ......

Old 12-30-2011, 06:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New Year wishes ......

We dont really make a big fuss with the whole new year thing, its usually spent at home with the family maybe some friends over and lots of food , but i gotta say this year has been a tough one , but then again things could have turned out worse, much worse, so heres hoping for better times ahead and most importantly for finding peace within ourselves... happy new year SR!!, and all the wonderful people that come ,share and help

Old 12-30-2011, 06:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

We prefer quiet celebrations also, and I always love to just bring in good food and treats and bring in the New Year in my bunny slippers and jammies. I'm lucky to stay awake until midnight

Happy New Year. May 2012 bring everyone special blessings and dreams come true.

Old 12-30-2011, 06:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I get to spend this year with my three youngest gdaughters...will be lots of fun and giggles! Best way ever to celebrate! 4-5 and 8
Old 12-30-2011, 07:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
cynical one, we always do black-eyed peas on NYD for good luck, but "Hoppin' John" is yummy year round. Your menu looks great, but where are the collard greens?! LOL Ya can't have black-eyed peas w/o collard greens!!
Old 12-30-2011, 08:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm taking it easy for NYE. I haven't done any kind of party thing in over 10 years. I'd rather not be on the roads and am happy just spending the evening relaxing. I'm thinking of making a yummy pot of soup.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm doing New Years alone because my dis ease drove my family away. This year will just be quiet and atonement and alonement but I own it. I'm doing amends for New Years, if there's any bells ringing its someone hit me. Sorry, my humor again.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It's actually my wedding anniversary today, and we always enjoy a quiet night at home. We usually make some good food, and then our usual tradition is, that either I wake my husband up while he's in the recliner to say "Happy New Year" or he wakes me up on the couch. Then we go to bed shortly thereafter. We are wild ones.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It's my anniversary today too! We usually go out to dinner before taking up residence on the recliner/couch. . Wild and crazy indeed
Old 12-31-2011, 11:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Happy New Year! We are very fortunate to have wonderful neighbors and friends so our "drive home" is two driveways away We enjoy ringing in the new year with Dick Clark and the entire neighborhood clan of kids uses noisemakers and confetti throwing.
This year is our turn to host.
Here is wishing all of the SR family a wonderful, safe holiday and here's to a fresh new year with fresh hope for us all!
Hugs,
Teresa