Interesting day/night on Monday...

Old 12-29-2011, 10:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Interesting day/night on Monday...

AD was released from jail prior to Christmas, much to my dismay, but it is what it is.

She has called a few times, and other than that, I've had no contact. She was not invited to our Christmas gathering this year, and I had a delightful day with my parents at an all-you-can-eat buffet and then off to see a movie. My youngest is just starting to really feel and process the feelings of breaking up with the EXABF earlier this year, and she did her own thing with friends for Christmas, and I think it was good for her.

AD texted me Monday evening to let me know she was coming through town later, and could she stop by to drop off a Christmas gift for me? I was in a good spot in my recovery program that day, and told her she could stop by briefly.

Long story short, her ride never came back to get her. Things were rapidly deteriorating, she was making numerous calls and texts trying to find out where her ride was, and I was starting to get triggered because the unfolding events were reminding me of the horrible life I lived while using, hanging with unreliable people, being stranded places because someone didn't show up, etc.

Finally around 1 in the morning, I told her she could take my bed and I would sleep on the sofa (I alternate between the two anyway as my bed is too hard). I would take her home in the morning.

When I laid down, I closed my eyes and did my thing where I envision God's hands, and I dropped everything into them and let go. I needed some sleep, it was what it was, and then I relaxed. I went to sleep.

She did apologize over and over for the evening, and I know she was sorry, and really believed her "ride" was going to show back up. We both did.

I took her home the next morning and dropped her off. I was tired because I am not a late night person normally, so I spent the rest of the day napping off and on, and feeling immense gratitude that I didn't have to live that kind of life anymore.

It once again reinforced just how much progress I have made since getting clean/sober, and I am so grateful for the program of Alanon in giving me the tools to deal with what life throws at me.

I am sad that she continues to make the choices she does, and hangs with the people she does, but I don't live in that sadness 24/7 anymore. I experienced a lot of it that night, but then let it go.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Freedom, I am glad it all went well, funny how "good' things often come from bad situations. Your daughter was safe in your house, and you were safe even with your daughter there.

I love the visualization of putting everything in God's hands. I do that in the morning through prayer but tomorrow morning I shall take a moment and actually "see" it.

Happy New Year, sweetie. May next year bring you and your children many blessings.

Hugs
Old 12-29-2011, 10:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

what a beautiful gift for both of you to share time together

that doesn't happen often with our loved ones that suffer from this disease ~

prayers that she will one day soon find her path to recovery!

PINK HUGS,
Rita
Old 12-29-2011, 10:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((DeVon))) - I'm glad it went well. Your recovery is shining, and though she hasn't hit her bottom yet, I'm glad that you were able to spend time together and that the worst that happened was her ride didn't come.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-29-2011, 11:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing the miracle
Old 12-29-2011, 12:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Thank you for sharing.

Your recovery is definitely showing and shining!!!!!!!!

Isn't it nice when we don't have to be 'dragged' back into the drama?

I will say an extra prayer for your AD.

Love and hugs,