Oxycontinin used for?

Old 12-27-2011, 02:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Oxycontinin used for?

Some questions about Oxycontin.

What kind of high or effect would a person who probably doesn't need them get? What other drug use would this be a sign of?-saw something about a substitute for opiods. Could a person who uses alot of stimulants use this to calm down?

Found out the problem one has been apparently dabling in Oxy use. A prescription bottle with his name was found. He denies using them???
Old 12-27-2011, 06:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's an opioid precription pain killer. It molecularly identical to heroin and interchangable. Because Oxy is available by prescription, when used as prescribed, it does not have the same stigma as heroin although the addictive qualities and withdrawal effects are the same. ( Wife of former presidental nominee was addicted and is in recovery). Pain pill addiction is at an epidemic level in the U.S.

What does any of this have to do with you? "Problem one" is an addict and does what addicts do, manipulate and lie. Some family members enable him. And you get wound up about the whole deal beyond your control. Is the focus always on the "problem one"? You can't fix him. You can't fix the family members who chose to enable him.

Back when, I was obsessed with my daughter 's addiction. The more I focused on her and what I do not control, the more out of control I became. I was not capable of thinking or expressing a thought that was not focused on her. Almost lost myself.

You can choose to step away from the "problem one" and the drama created by those who choose to be manipulated by him.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My biggest fear now is that he crosses the line from selfish, manipulative, unethical behavior to flatout criminal behavior if he is not already a full fledged criminal at this point. I'm worried about felony theft and/or fraud committed on family and friends-not just lying, manipulation etc. He's gotten so bold he wants to transfer some personal assets to other family to avoid legal and financial consequences which is aiding and abetting which luckily is most reaction.

I'll have to keep working on distancing myself and others from his antics/life.