Hired an attorney today/ Moving on

Old 12-13-2011, 12:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hired an attorney today/ Moving on

So, I made an appointment with an attorney. We meet on Thursday. I have been gone five months on the 20th. Herworld is falling apart but her immediate family keeps enabling. They believe that this is all in my mind. She has a prescription is what they say. The doctors certainly know what they are doing. When I saw her last she seemed to be really paranoid and told me that she was attending a methadone clinic. I do not speak with her family so they do not know she was telling me this horse crap. I am done. I am tired of the empty threats. I tired of the fallout from all of this. I am going to get her in a courtroom. She called me screaming at me that the DSS drug test she took came back negative and that I am dead to her for putting her through this. Why would any person that is sober call me and act like that? Why did she lie about the methadone clinic? 2 weeks prior to her telling about the methadone clinic she told me that she was in pain management and she was still on the opiates and that she took an extra one on occasion that they monitered her levels. I met her right after this conversation and made sure that it was about 10:30 pm when she was nodding out when I was with her. Low and behold she nodded in front of me twice. I did not confront her til I left. She then changed her story and even supplied paperwork stating that she had enrolled in a methadone clinic. She blamed the nod on the methadone. Said she didn't want to tell me the truth because I might want to use it against her in court. I suspected a lie because of the way she was acting about a month into this. She wouldn't meet me again and refused to see me. She even went so far as to talk about her "program" and that she couldn't fix us until she fixed herself. I thought she was in a program the way she was talking. I drove her away again by questioning her then I hired a PI to stake out the methadone clinic. I text her and she said she was on the way for several mornings. She never left the house. I know I was wrong for all of this now. I was trying to fix her. She has my 14 year old daughter with her. I was focused on fixing her and fixing our marriage. I know better now. I have to get joint custody of our daughter and move on. For those of you out there trying to fix your spouses. Let them go. It is all going to become a myriad of confusion and lies. It will drive them away. I am living proof of this. All I can do now is pray and protect my daughter. I ran. I moved 120 miles away. I am now going back to stand up and get my daughter and show her that there is more to life than what she has going on now. I am a stronger person because of 12 step programs. I am a stronger because of this forum. I am a newcomer to all of this. I do know that the pill thing has been for about 2 years now. WE are apart. I do not have to live in the same house with it. I can draw a line in the sand and stand firm. I cannot control, manipulate, or convince my A that she has a problem. She has to do this on her own. I am blessed to have this site. It helps me each day to vent. I feel better now. Break over. Have a great day. I will be back on tonight. I love her, but I have to move on. I will not sit around and wait on her addiction to go away. It may never. I am a 45 YO Male professional. I work out, I take care of myself. I deserve to have a life with my daughter, and a life without the chaos and crisis.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Topdog))) - good for you! I know none of this is easy, but really glad you are taking care of you and your daughter. Your STXAW will get it, or not, but that's her choice.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-13-2011, 07:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Why joint custody? Whay not for full?