It's been quite a while....

Old 12-06-2011, 07:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's been quite a while....

Hi everyone.... the old ones and the new! I'm just popping my head in here to say HELLO and Happy Holidays to all!

What's new and exciting? I've just starting to scroll through some of the threads, and I see a lot of new names (I'm sorry for the pain you're in) and some old familiar ones-- I miss you all very much. I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing that I've been to busy to be on SR; it's nice to know you all are still here though.

Anyhow, I'm still with the ABF-- some minor changes, and some major changes. I'll be glad to share with anyone here my story, if I can be of help to anyone struggling (living with a pill addict) I certaintly know your pain. I feel fortunate that I've been able to detatch and my life is going beautifully-- but the key here is that it's really MY life and nothing to do with 'him'. At times I still struggle with wondering if I've got a 'whole' relationship (living with detatchment) and I question my decisions. However, as I've learned with everything else on this journey-- answers come when you are open to the reality. For me, I've finally reached the last phase of the journey. By 2012 I should have a 100% decision made about whether I want to totally end this relationship.

About me update:
In the middle of finals this week for school (graduate in May with my bachelors in psych) amazing how fast that went by! Do you all remember when I made the decision to go back to college? WOW.

Been applying to grad-schools and just found out I have been accepted to my first two picks! YES!

Kids are great- healthy, happy and big... two in college, one in H.S!

Work is still excellent-- been 2 years now at this job and it's been wonderful.

Adopted a couple new cats....

and have been training for a fitness competition!

Crazy busy life over here.....

SO, anyhow... I was just checking in. I hope all of you are well, and I hope you'll update me on your lives. Those of you that are newer-- blessings to you and your family, if there is anything I can offer you, I'd be more than happy to try and help!

Take care,
Cess
Old 12-07-2011, 06:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good to see you Cessy. Glad to hear you've made peace with your decision to stay with your BF and that you are finding fulfilment in the other areas of your life.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((Cessy))) - Great to hear from you!! I'm glad you are living YOUR life (and doing a darned good job of it, from the way it sounds) and detached from ABF! Hope you all have a very merry Christmas!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-08-2011, 07:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey all...thanks for the responses, I was happy to hear your words.

Cyn, I am very happy-- right now I'm a bit overwhelmed with finals etc. but I am very happy. Am I settling? I know you said I don't need to answer that here.... but it is a question that I sitll ponder. Sometimes I view detatchment as 'settling'. Nonetheless, I am at peace and have the strength and confidence to make the right decisions at this point in time. For the progress I've made... I'm thankful.

Thank you all for saying hello, and I wish you all a very peaceful and happy holiday season!
Cess