I've HAD it.. He LOST the dog

Old 12-05-2011, 11:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I've HAD it.. He LOST the dog

For some reason.. this PISSES me off more than or in a different way than anything else. His version: he left the dog in a locked apartment while him and his friend went out to hit the bars, came back that night and the dog was gone. I'm PISSED. The dog miraculously unlocked the door and left??? The dog follows him everywhere and it's a little thing ... so really the dog probably got out when AH was leaving or coming back and he was too DRUNK OR HIGH to notice.
AH crackhead is offering $1,000 reward and is despondent. At first I felt bad for him... but now... I don't care. He lost an 18 pound dog that worshipped him. It was the last thing left... I moved out, his parents won't speak to him. I used to beg him to give me the dog but he refused... said he loved it and could take care of it. And he wanted to have a KID.... really???
I'm going no contact because if I see him I will hit him over the head with my very large handbag. I'm pissed (already sent him three emails telling him he killed our baby). ok... I'm going to breathe... take a tylenol pm so i can sleep and stop crying.... NO CONTACT NO CONTACT
Old 12-06-2011, 04:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Yes, No contact is the answer.

I'd be pissed too, he is like my exabf irresonsible.

I am sorry about your dog, another victim of addiction.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Im so sorry. You're totally doing the right thing.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Yes I too would be more than 'pizzed'!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do believe going No Contact sounds like your best course.

I'll say a prayer that the dog is safe and is found and put up for adoption by your local humane society.

Love and hugs,
Old 12-08-2011, 06:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

poor puppy I hope he is in good hands. You might want to place an ad for him on craigslist and watch the pet and lost and found sections and check with animal shelters there are a lot of animal lovers out there.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I do hope your puppy is safe and found. I myself have a little baby that i adore, he is actually my addicted sons dog i know he also loves him as much as anybody else in the family. Its sad to hear all the stories that happen with addicts and all the things they have to go through im sure he feels bad if not worse for what has happened to the dog while in his care , just a sad story all around , do take care .
Old 12-11-2011, 08:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry about your doggie. I would be done too. I have three pugs, and my son, who is in rehab, left his German Shepherd with me to take care of. He used to care so much about her, and I know he loves her, but, he can barely take care of himself, let alone a living, breathing "dependent". I hope you get your puppy back.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am so so sorry -- this breaks my heart. My sister used to watch my dog from time to time and there came a point that her addiction was so out of control I no longer trusted her with the dog. I would often think to myself that if something happened to my dog while he was with her that I honestly didn't think I would ever forgive her. I truly hope your dog is safe and sound . . .thoughts and prayers going your way . . .
Old 12-11-2011, 06:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone...I've been praying the dog's ok... and believing it since my husband plastered the neighborhood with pictures and $1000 reward.... the dog's so cute i'm hoping he's in better care now.

You know when I moved out away from my husband, I seriously thought about kidnapping the dog because I was worried... but it's legally my husband's dog and he said he would call the cops... also, I figured everyone needs love.... he admitted that the dog was the only contact with a living thing he'd have (other than the dealer) for sometimes weeks at a time and that he loved the dog more than life itself... that the dog kept him somewhat sane... he put a dog bed in the hall so the dog wouldn't be in the same room while he used.. the little dog was always happy when I saw it and AH took him to the vet on schedule and got him groomed (haircut, nails, eyebrows trimmed... ) every 6 weeks. He also bought the dog lots of treats, toys, and would give him his human food.. the little dog would lay on his chest every night and watch tv with him.

I thought for sure that losing the dog because he was high would get him to turn something around. He even emailed me "If this doesn't get me to do something different with my life.. nothing will..." Well guess what, dog's been gone a week and he's still using. Not only using but full-on partying. This was my last straw... last glimmer of hope.... if harming that little furball who gave him nothing but constant love couldn't get his attention... nothing can.... I'm letting him go. I only wish I had taken the dog away... it's like a child.. he wasn't capable of being responsible for it.