Trying to Understand..

Old 12-05-2011, 09:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Trying to Understand..

I posted my story on here. I am the mom of twins and my MIL is addicted to perscription drugs. I have taken a step back after she left detox early and I have not spoken to her, since 2 weeks ago. Today.. she called at 8:30 am and my husband told her I was out with the kids (which I was). Her response was.. o why doesn't she want to speak to me. How do I deal with this situation? Unlike my father in law and husband I am no longer co-signing this ladies nonsense. What is an effective way to get my point across..or should I say nothing at all. I feel better when I do not speak with her.If I have a bad day with the boys she will say.. o come on..how bad can they be etc. Meanwhile.. she NEVER watches them at all and has not seen them since Sept. She continues to lie to people and say she watches them every weekend.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My sponsor told me to ask myself...What is best for ME in this situation? Many people have No Contact because it so emotionally sickens us if we haven't enough strength to detach yet. I have stopped calling and texting my AS. He never calls me. But when we did talk or see each other I would need at least three days to recover from it. So at that point...and at thepoint I am today....contact is non-existant. Also, you know who you are in your heart, and God knows your heart...who cares what other people think? Because they don't teuly know. They are lookng at you through the hazy glass of their ignorance and skewed perception. I judge others sometimes...am I right about them...nope...just being ignorant. But I am human afterrall and I have accepted that.

Today I will focus on me...or at least try to...and do what is best for me.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thankfully she doesn't watch the kids.
How is this affecting your relationship with your husband? Does he understand and support your feelings and actions? It might be good for you and he to attend some counseling or Nar-Anon.