Happy Thanksgiving

Old 11-21-2011, 04:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving

Just a quick note to say Happy Thanksgiving. I have a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.

My son graduated from his rehab and is living in an SLE (Sober living environment). He got a job immediately as he must pay rent there. Recently he met a really nice gal at an NA dance. She has 12 years clean. She is a counselor and they have lots in common. It actually appears that he cares for this girl a lot. He looks the happiest I've ever seen him look. He looks so good again. They attend meetings four times a week, which I think really helps.

He just celebrated his 49th birthday. Do you believe how many years I've been waiting for this.

I'm trying really hard not to get too excited, but it's really difficult not to. I never thought I would live long enough to see this happen.

I'm posted a photo of him looking so healthy and happy!!

Pray this continues. It's been 5 months.

Hugs, Devastated
Old 11-21-2011, 04:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oops

Trying Again to post photo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Happy Birthday John.jpg (27.4 KB, 72 views)
Old 11-21-2011, 05:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((Dev)) - and a happy Thanksgiving to you, too!! I'm really glad to hear your son is doing well. It's gotta make your mama heart glow. He looks great!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-21-2011, 05:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Enjoy the moment Dev. It must be a wonderful feeling and I am happy for you, and of course,for your dear son. He is handsome and looks very happy too.

it is a good day!

love and hugs
chicory
Old 11-21-2011, 07:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy Thanksgiving Dev. seeing your son looking healthy and happy certainly is something to be grateful for! Happy Thanksgiving to the little Princess too
Old 11-22-2011, 07:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

That's some awesome stuff to be Grateful for Dev!!

Congrats to him & Happy Thanksgiving to you & your family!!

PINK HUGS!
Rita
Old 11-26-2011, 08:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good Morning Eveyone:

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. We were together with our son for the first time in many, many years! We had a lot to be thankful for this year. Still, this is just the beginning of a long journey, so I'm afraid to get too excited. In the meantime, I will enjoy and be grateful for every good day.

For everyone out there that wants to give up, think of me! I've been waiting for this miracle for probably 33 years! While you're waiting, remember the addict has to do this in their own time. Nothing you can do or say will change that timing. Just keep the faith and pray. Most of all go on with your life, and let him or her go on with theirs.

Happy Holidays,

Devastated
Old 11-26-2011, 09:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

devastated, I don't know how I missed your greeting and good news, but I'm happy for all of you! My thoughts and prayers are with all, for ongoing recovery and healing
Old 11-26-2011, 01:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Dev, I am late coming on here too, you must forgive me because I am in the south and shall claim sunstroke *puts hand on forehead and swoons*.

I am so happy for you and your son, and yes, I know that we just take it one day at a time and so just for today I shall kick up my heels and say "Hallelujah"...and try not to break a hip!

I am thankful for your friendship all these years, and for how you have walked with me all the way...even if you were wearing stiletto boots and I had to hold you up too...it has been an interesting journey and I love that your life and mine are filled with peace and love today and that we get to breathe instead of doing the pretzel dance of fear.

Love you lots and lots. Hugs to my favourite Italian, Mr. Dev, from his foxy lady of the north...who is in the south...he'll know who I am.

Hugs and love