wishing well at Thanksgiving

Old 11-20-2011, 06:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
it is what it is

wishing well at Thanksgiving

i don't post here much these days - my son is in prison and his attitude is really good so i'm not dealing with addict behavior at the moment - but i still come here to read and keep up with all of you and i try to make sure i welcome newcomers - i mainly just want to say that i am praying for all who deal with addiction on any level - the addict, the family, the friends, the professionals - this is a huge problem and it effects so many people -

i remember holidays and the pain they can bring when dealing with an addict - my son's first arrest was on the night before Thanksgiving 2008 - he has spent several special days locked up - birthdays, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Mother's Day, etc...

anyway - prayers for all of you - have a blessed holiday time
Old 11-20-2011, 07:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Litehorse,
So glad to hear that your son is going forward. I pray that he continues to do so. And I wish you a blessed holliday, and peace for you and your son,and your family. It surely does take a toll when the addictive stuff is going on. glad things are calm for you now.
thank you for the prayers,
hugs
chicory
Old 11-21-2011, 03:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanksgiving

Just in time for Thanksgiving, my brother lost his place to live due to his continued use of cocaine. I got the all-too-familiar call yesterday from my father asking me if my brother was still welcome to come stay with me. I said, "No, not under these circumstances. If he was sober, it would be another story." I had told my brother that he always had a place with me, but only if he was not doing hard drugs. I simply do not trust that he will move in here and stay away from them.

I expect to see him on Thanksgiving, but I think he's very angry at me, having defriended me on Facebook. I really don't know what I am going to say to him. He makes me so sad and mad :/
Old 11-21-2011, 07:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

((litehorse))

prayers for you and your son - my daughter is in jail again too -

her attitude not so good at the moment - but as we know everything is subject to change - so I'll keep praying. . .

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

PINK HUGS,
Rita